Saturday, March 06, 2010

Nightmare about maternal beatings and scalding water! / Burning people / Entitlement

I had a nightmare which involved my mom beating me up and burning me with scalding water right in front of all her neighbors, who were at the house for a Chinese New Year party. There were Russian nesting dolls and streamers everywhere - uncharacteristically, Dad comforted me a bit before I went to watch TV. One of the shows that the satellite offered was an underwater version of 24, and the neighbors didn't like my mother's actions at all. I was sure glad to wake up from that one!

Took a shower, learned Hien REALLY wants the Olympic collector box, and was out of here to Awana. Talked to Henry for a brief while (work was slow?!), and then interacted with Chrystal (one of her cousins didn't realize he had a counterfeit $5 bill while T-shirt shopping - Mike looked at it, too), Melia, Auntie Vivian (her trip was wonderful), Jordan and Matthew Ma #2 (being bad), Eric, Ian, Golden (the hockey game insanity), Ian, Sean S. (asking about the decorations), Conor, and others. Jordan totally guilt-tripped Joey, who used to be his leader: "What do you mean, you were only here when Martin was in Hong Kong? Can't you quit your job and come back here? Is school that busy? You can come here and get money for being here! (not true)" Hahaha! Auntie Rebecca wondered whether I was feeling better - a little, I guess. Rachel's grandma said she couldn't help out tomorrow since she had no time... next week is Spring Break! Asked Auntie Cissy for a ride home tomorrow from the dinner - she could do it if I reminded her. I was actually going to call Ivan, too - CRAP DANG IT! On the way home, I discussed early wake-ups with Ada, while Sean L. pretended to be a chef because he could burn people - oh my!




You Feel a Bit Entitled



You don't feel like the world should be handed to you, but you do feel like you've paid your dues.

And let's be honest - you don't think you've gotten the credit that you deserve.



While you may be actually entitled to more, you can't think that way. Feeling entitled will only lead to trouble.

Just keep working hard and doing your best. Eventually, you'll end up with what you deserve.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home