Friday, March 05, 2010

Committee meetings and Lent / Assassination units

Eric picked me up three minutes late, but I'd already been there for some time, thanks to a rather prompt 410 bus. The driver failed, because he made us wait while he went to the gas station to grab something, and then he was on the phone when he was about to pull out of a bus stop. Ugh! I made Eric call Pho for takeout, and we spent the ride "debating" whether I am a smoke monster, and as such, whether I did various unsavory things. He's crazy, and not everything is my fault! I also made him go in and get the Pho, haha. He wondered whether I'd told anyone else about recent events - after yesterday, I had... plus all the FB messages sent out, too!

Got to church, where we were locked out - when Pastor John let us in, we talked about Danielle / strawberries as dessert / Pho looking SO GOOD / Harmony / programs (I hate the idea of "random shuffle" Bible Study groups!) / Richie leaving us / Kevin, Dylan, Johnny, and Jen. Discussed the fundraiser, Stanford's standards, coffee, tea, chocolate, chips, the Olympics, the warm room and fellowship hall, and Lent. The meeting seemed really long, so I wasn't really surprised when Johnny said it was 9:35! At least I can help to remind Dylan of next month's meeting as far as sending out the minutes and agenda goes, since I don't know if I'll make it to this year's open house!

Eric and I gave Dylan a ride home since it was easier than letting him bus. Talked about rollerblading, the hockey game on Sunday, Alistair and Vanessa, radio, and more. Once we dropped Dylan off, Eric expected me to talk about my antics as a Smoke Monster - yeah, whatever you say! I just expressed disdain over the "random shuffle" thing, and noted that I was turning into my mother when I wanted certain people to just LEAVE already. "HELP ME!" indeed... we also got Friday plans done, and 5:45 tomorrow it is! I wondered why it seemed as if his worship practice was more than once a month (I know the first week of the month is when it's SCHEDULED!), and he reminded me that the Olympics had made things seem crazy. SO TRUE, especially when I wondered why I couldn't remember being at Fellowship last week. We talked about Mr. Creep - I refuse to refer to him as anything but! He better not say hi to me again, man.

Got home, took a quick shower, and then called Auntie Ying. She said that Chrystal's grandma was having surgery tomorrow morning, and that she's a Buddhist. Nothing wrong with that! I asked how Toddler Sunday School had been - Amanda, Amos, Conor, Harrison, and a couple of new kids had showed up, and little Mattias showed up to play for a while. It was an interesting day for her, I guess - then I told her about the Olympics insanity, especially after we won the hockey game! She wondered about the Sunday School lesson, but I had to tell her that I didn't know what it was since Jon still had my bag! (she then called Harmony "Amanda," haha) Then she asked about recent events - nope, her suggestions aren't happening!

Trivia fact for Friday, Mar. 5: What was the assassination unit inside the former Soviet Union's KGB called? SMERSH. The name is an abbreviation of the unit's Russian motto, smert shpionam, which means "death to spies."

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home