Friday, March 05, 2010

Cards Received, 2009

Way past time for this entry, but I didn't realize I hadn't done it here yet. Oops. Good thing I have time to copy and paste my draft in here before I leave to meet Eric!

Valentine's Day (1)

Janina (mrshannibal): "Dear Leslie: Roses are red / Violets are blue. Sugar is sweet / And so are you! Happy Valentine's Day! Love, Janina."


Special 2009 (1)

Harmony: "Dear Leslie, I'm so glad you were a part of my shower! It was a lot of fun. Thanks so much for your thoughtful gift! I'll be sure to reference the book often, and in the event I'm stuck for ugfart-specific ideas, you know who I'll be coming to - hahahaha. Thanks also for the fun and cheerful green basket! Love, Harmony." (the book she refers to is 1001 Ways to Be Romantic: Now Completely Revised and More Romantic Than Ever, by Gregory Godek)


Birthday 2009 (5)

* card from parents

* Christon: "Happy Birthday, Leslie! It's so wonderful to have someone like you in our lives, constantly encouraging us and supporting us in our events. I really am amazed at how you can keep everyone's birthdays in your head, but that goes to show what a caring person you are! Happy Birthday!"

* Harmony: "Dear Sarne, Happy birthday! Hope your day is all that you wanted it to be. Jon suggested that we sit on you as a birthday gift, but I think we'll spare you that. Cheers, Harmony."

* Jon: "Now, sitting on you will be the gift that keeps on giving! Yaz is truly ug. Actually, yaz is truly ug and old!!! Hoho."

* Danielle: "Happy 33rd Birthday, Leslie! I'm sorry I had to miss the party! :( You're right! I do need a personal planner! Anyways, I hope you had a great and wonderful day! Love, Danielle."

* Andrea: "Giving thanks for your life and friendship!"


Christmas 2009 (26)

Shi I. (mypetconcubine): "Aloha, I hope you have a wonderful holiday season. May you have all your dreams come true. *CROSSES FINGERS* I hope you get this!" [a cool "Season's Aloha! From our hale to yours..." Hawaii card, haha]

Deborah G. (devils_sidekick): "Have a Happy and Healthy New Year!" (she included a grasshopper LEAP perforated "Want to know a secret? I think you're terrific." thing)

Julie S. (julie709): "Have a great holiday season!"

Heather L. (mileena): "Happy Holidays! I hope you like the stickers I have sent. I was going through some things, and found a ton of them that I used to use when I had pen pals. Sadly, we have all stopped writing. So I can't possibly use them all, but that's why some have a few missing. I apologize for that, and hope you will still enjoy them. :)" (she included BLOOM COUNTY Valentine's Day stickers, Disney stickers, "girly secrets" stickers, sparkly fairy stickers, romantic Valentine's Day stickers, TAZ stickers, and car stickers)

Jonne B. (jonne_bunny): "Wishing you a wonderful holiday and a happy new year."

Alessandra P. (dru_it): "Merry Christmas from Italy!"

Gena S. (dont_deny_me): "Hi Leslie! Have a wonderful Christmas! Enjoy the stickers!!"

Alexis F. (fraserette): "Happy Holidays! I couldn't find dragon stickers, but I hope these [Hannah Montana] do! Keep warm with this cocoa mix, and enjoy the holidays! Lex."

Katie J. (touchofgr3y): "Thanks for the card!"

Steve and Carol B.: "All the best!"

Diane S. (the_fuzzy_bunny): "Dear Leslie, This is a very special card I got for you because it's made out of ELEPHANT POOP! So MERRY CHRISTMAS! Your friend always, Diane AKA The Fuzzy Bunny."

Becca C. (heyfashion): "Peace, joy, and warmest wishes! I hope all of your holiday wishes are fulfilled! P.S. Enjoy the stickers!"

Krista K. (geek_dragon): "Hi Leslie, I hope you get this in time. If not, Happy Easter! You are on the ball with cards. I bit off more than I can chew, so time is going by too fast. Thanks for your card! And your friendship. Be tough - don't take flak from Mr. Creep! - Krista."

Casey (chickabimbo): "Merry Christmas!"

Heather P. (swingthevote): "Hey! This is swingthevote from holiday_wishes! Hope you have VERY happy holidays!"

Jane K. (justsurvive): "Happy New Year!"

Marie (reebee): "Merry Christmas, Leslie! I hope you have a wonderful year!"

Kelli E. (neonrose5): "A card and an extra wish or two! Merry Christmas! Happy New Year!"

Janina (mrshannibal): "Dear Leslie, Hope you have a super-duper, fun-filled, and fantastic Christmas, as well as a truly grand New Year! Love, Janina."

Jane (gi_janearng): "Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! Love from Audrey, Greg, and Kaitlyn."

Deb: "Leslie, Thank you for making me feel so welcomed at your fellowship. I am very impressed that you knew and remembered my birthday! I look forward to getting to know you better... :)" (included a wedding photo, too!)

Christon: "Merry Christmas, Leslie! Thank you for all the care and time you put into bringing a smile on people's faces when you accurately keep track of their birthdays and special events! It's always a fun time chatting with you at Sunday Dinners, and I enjoy your humor despite it being somewhat morbid at times. :) I hope that this holiday will bring you lots of joys and blessings, and maybe in the New Year, we'll continue to get to know one another better, and share many more memorable moments! Have a very Merry Christmas, Leslie! Cheers! Christon."

Sheryll (sheryll) and Nyssa (giggles_19): "Lots of glittery, shiny stickers... and a card of a paddle wheeler on the Mississippi in New Orleans. - Hope they brighten your holiday!"

Heather C. (catgoddess): "I hope you have a wonderful holiday and a very happy new year." [it had a cute Dr. Seuss character on the front!]

Farrah (lilaznffairy421): "Hey Leslie! That is a pretty awesome deal. :D I'm sorry it took me so long to write back! Thanks for your card! :) I was swamped with finals. :( I'm waiting on one last grade right now, and I am pretty effing scared that I didn't pass that class. x_x In any case, I hope everything's been going well with you! I hope you have a merry Christmas and an awesome new year as well. Happy holidays! :D P.S. I'm sorry the cat doesn't look so happy. :O" [the deal was an 18-pack of good cards for only $1 or $2, and the cat didn't look happy because it had reindeer antlers on it, haha.]

Jennifer L. (tehgreenfairy): "Hey Leslie! I hope this gets to you on time. SO MUCH going on! I only sent like five cards, but you get to be one, haha! Happy Christmas! :) Happy Holidays! :D Love, Jennifer."

John A. (snooooopy): "I vow to read at least one book in the coming year so that the bookmark you sent me will enjoy some use."


Kadri (bad_habit): "Hi Leslie! I hope this here card finds you well and happy. I realize it is late - in fact, I received your card two days ago, but I've felt so out of place, and I did not want to pick up a pen in that mood. (or un-mood, I should say) Today, however, today I finally feel like Christmas. Partly because it's snowing outside, which brings out my inner six-year-old, but mostly because I've realized something. I've realized that I am incredibly lucky - I have amazing friends (both online and offline), I have a wonderful family who support me, and while I am out of a job, I do have time. For anything and everything. And suddenly the future seems pretty good once more. :) I hope you are as enthusiastic about it.

I have enjoyed reading your LiveJournal entries too, and to know more about your life. I know I don't comment much - I'm more of a lurker, I'm afraid. You sound happier now, for which I'm very grateful. You deserve every happiness in this world!

So, as you won't get this until the new year, I hope you had a wonderful Christmas and a brilliant New Year's Eve. May the new year bring you good things and wonderful new experiences. I hope you get to laugh more than you did in 2009. That, I can say every year - people should laugh more - that way, they'll live longer!

And I must say a couple of words about this obviously Photoshopped card. Estonian people are not like elves - we aren't as lightfooted as to have no footprints on snow. It's a form of folkdancing in one of the many local folkclothes. As I write this, it looks odd. The basic idea is that each region - sometimes no bigger than a village or two - have their own style of dressing. Had, rather. Supposedly, one could tell where you were from just by your clothes. I've no idea which region these belong to. They're also dancing in a marsh (I can tell that much), which sounds pretty normal to me. I always want to sing / dance in marshes. That might be an Estonian thing. See: songfestivals / dancefestivals. Päikest! [with a drawing of a sun] Kadri / bad_habit"


Total: 35

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home