Saturday, March 06, 2010

Overcompensating / Prayers for Pregnancy?! / SCARY POO / Dog sledding

Due to my being really early yesterday when I went to meet Eric, I tried compensating for that this afternoon by NOT taking the first 410 I saw. This kinda backfired since I was almost 15 minutes late. (when I got home, I noted that Eric had tried to call me) We discussed the Smoke Monster thing, characters (Claire?), and a few other things on the way to church. You bet that I could go to Superstore and order Subway for us both! On the way out of there after I ate (reading the NATIONAL ENQUIRER - shut up), I was fervently hoping that I didn't see anyone I knew since I like my alone time. I'm just thinking of NOT having a real life next week so I can work on stuff, heh. Ran into Isabel at the traffic light, which was fine - I like her, heh.

Went into the church and talked to Phil and Grace about stuff - yup, I hung out with Auntie Ying (who's probably excited to be a real grandma) today! They had managed to completely miss her since they were only home from 11:30 to 4. I apologized about earlier, but at least I wasn't the only one! Figured that seven weeks is too soon to announce something, since (and I didn't say this) you never know what can go wrong in the first trimester. I told Grace about the book her mother-in-law wants to give her... yeah, PRAYERS FOR PREGNANCY? Hmm... maybe if it's a high-risk one, but other than that? Probably not... Grace accidentally called her father-in-law "Uncle Phil," hahaha. We discussed the decorated fellowship hall - they used the wedding arch, man! Crazy!

Saw my parents, so of course tried to avoid them as much as possible. I even made it look like I was hanging around Jessica / Joey / Emily / Mike / Margaret, which illusion was then broken when Mike went to get some water! Oh well, at least I got a pew to myself until people started streaming in. Harmony returned my blue bag to me, and I later showed her that I didn't carry bricks around in there, haha. She told me that she got a new job near UBC doing contract stuff like she was doing at Penguin in Toronto, and she starts on Tuesday - GREAT NEWS! Gordon Smith talked on theology, and that was what I expected. Later, I talked to Andrea L. for a while about the Olympics and life in general. I could have told her about recent events, but decided it wouldn't be wise. Not that my mother was around, but I needed to be safe!

When I judged it safe, I went outside to go to the bathroom - but since I saw Andrew sitting outside, I decided to talk to him for a few minutes. He definitely liked my dragon hat and shirt - it was okay if I told him that my parents got both items for me, even though they might have been within hearing distance. He's had to get used to school again after the Olympics, poor guy! It's the year of the Tiger, not the Dragon! When I actually did go to the bathroom, Auntie Ying tried talking to me while I was in there - don't do that, man! "You can be free and not read the book in Sunday School since the kids might listen to you more!" Well, considering I do last-minute prep in service, that might not be possible... although now I can look over the material. Maybe tomorrow!

Talked to Carmen, Jon, Harmony, Richie (leaving in MAY?!), Phil (who commiserated with me), Danielle (who was supportive and gave me a hug), Eric (NO CURLING EVEN IF IT'S TWO MINUTES FROM MY PLACE!), Emily (who said Ivan wasn't there), and some others in the sanctuary after that. Got invited for bubble tea at Kat's Tea House, which Eric was up for - I had to be within a metre of Mr. Creep since Dylan was talking to him and Eric at the same time. Honestly, I just wish Mr. Creep would just NOT make friends with my friends! At the same time, I know this sounds VERY grade-school. I noticed him talking to Uncle Eugene earlier, too... please don't tell me that you want the church administrator job! After a while, we all got going... I wanted to leave when I saw my mother uncomfortably close to my friends two feet away, even though we've been mutually ignoring each other. Unfortunately, Eric had to get his guitar and such - DAMMIT!

I found blessed relief in the parkade, thank goodness. Eric decided to get gas on the way there, and said we wouldn't stay long. I didn't blame him, since he is still recovering from the flu. We ended up staying for the entire time with Jon, Harmony, Jen, Raymond, Cindy, Richie, Albert, Carmen, Dianne, Vivian, Wesley, and Christon. Discussed Randal's "___ is sexy!" Facebook status, hockey pool stuff, red tea, jackfruit, shaved ice, mango stars, jelly, work, touching gold medals, the Paralympics, free events, Harmony's new job, Servants and the Olympics (some people didn't feel safe on the streets because of all the partiers, while some people may have been bused off to Squamish / Chilliwack), Phil / Melia / Chrystal / Emily's weird family tree (two brothers married two sisters, AND the grandfather married two different sisters to start with), and more. Cindy had a story about a kids' book called RUN RUN! IT'S SCARY POO! Wesley was especially interested because he works WITH poo at a wastewater treatment plant, and the whole table was laughing!

When we finally paid the bill and left, I definitely wanted to leave since it was getting cold outside. Jen was feeling similarly since she didn't want Christon to stand around and talk too much for the same reason! I also wanted some alone time and such, as well. Good thing Eric is an introvert like I am, so silence is a welcome thing! On the way home, I tried figuring out if Eric would be home at the same time as I am, at least at a reasonable hour - not really, so the same time as last Sunday works! He thought I'd contact Ivan about it, but I clarified that I meant I'd do it for the night program - and if Ivan can't give me a ride, then I'm out of the program too. (I'll tell Lesley, of course) If so, that'll mean more downtime... or it won't since I'm tentatively scheduled to go to Auntie Ying's. Meh, we'll see. Eric brought up DARKWING DUCK, D.W., Homestar Runner, the car smelling like gas, and some other stuff before dropping me off - not TOO bad.

Trivia fact for Saturday, Mar. 6: In dog sledding, what command does the musher customarily give to get his or her team going? Hike. Mush is rarely used.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home