Sunday, February 07, 2010

PEACE / Joking "congratulations" / Crackers / Paper plane discipline / Angel Café

Thank goodness I could just be contemplative on the way over to church today, although my dad said the Olympic torch is coming to town on Tuesday - I'll look that up later. Got to church, and Phil was congratulating Auntie Eileen on something. Turns out Esther gave birth to a six-pound and four-ounce baby girl (no name yet) yesterday, so she and Wes are now parents - and Auntie Eileen is a grandmother again! Just left a phone message with my sister to let her know about that, too. Grace was amazed that Esther's labor was only four hours, so I said that Maxine's labor with Joshua had only been THREE - wow, indeed!

Said hi to Dave when he sat right in front of me - later, he joked that I was ignoring his hand during handshaking time. Hahaha, no... I was just saying hi to Dianne and Cindy! (and he has a good grip...) Talked to Vanessa for a bit about broadcasting school, programs, on-air prep, next week's potluck, and more. Gave a bag of random stuff to Jon and Harmony when they got there, and I think it contained newspapers and CD-Roms. When we "passed the peace" right before Communion, we just said "PEACE!" to Dave, haha. It works, since it seems like he's that type of guy! After service, I talked to Denise for a bit about sweatpants and things like that. A bunch of us jokingly congratulated Wesley on his "baby girl," haha. Went into the fellowship hall, and then talked to Adam / Andrew / Chrystal / Christon / Audrey (wedding planning) / Dave (laundry and Bible Study!) after giving a bunch of birthday cards and a pen to Jon and Harmony. Those covered Steph's birthday, Chantal's birthday, Grandma's birthday, and Chinese New Year. Auntie Ying wanted to see if we were on for tomorrow at Lougheed Mall, so 12:30 it is!

I narrowly avoided Mr. Creep as I got some much-needed coffee, and surveyed the snacks on offer: non-existent tzatziki on my side of the table, crackers, and salsa. Stopped to say hi to little Mattias and his mom Karen, and told him that I could use a cracker myself as I got one for him. Of course, he knows there's food inside the room by NOW! Later, he offered me some cracker that he had chewed up - no, thank you! Sure, it's softened up, but I'd rather have stuff that I'd done it to myself, if that makes any sense. Jon gave the cards and pen back to me, and then I said hi to little Allison, who was being looked after by Sarah Chau. Also said hi to Anita, who's certainly looking very pregnant - only about another month or so to go, if her sister giving birth yesterday is any indication!

Went upstairs after very tentatively figuring out lunch plans - Harrison, Amanda, Amos, and Conor were drawing. The boys then wanted to make paper planes and run around a lot, so we told them to put on their shoes because the floor could get slippery if you were only in socks! Had to discipline Harrison again since he crumpled Amos' paper plane (he agreed that he wouldn't feel very good if I did that to HIS plane!), and Amos was crying about it. During the story, Harrison was being really active, so Auntie Ying threatened to take him out. Maybe next week, she should actually do it! Amanda wanted to tell me a secret later, and it turns out that she wants me to come over. (just like Gwyneth when she was about six... how cute!) I was too braindead to say anything to that beyond whether she thought it would be fun (yes), but it was cool all the same. I signed Conor's Sunday School attendance paper for him, after reminding him about it - his little yellow top was so cool, haha.

After Sunday School, I went downstairs to discover that Dave had apparently left, and so had Mr. Creep - boo to one, and yay to the other! Harmony wanted to know if I wanted to come to lunch with her, Dave, Christon, Jen, Wesley, and Dianne - sure thing! Christon said that Dave was at his house, so he'd pick him up; it would look weird if I wanted to come along, so didn't. Talked to Julie C. and Hannah W. briefly about Brentwood Mall and Lougheed Mall - Hannah says Lougheed Mall is bigger than Brentwood, but still not HUGE. The Lougheed Mall website made it seem huge to me last night... Wal-Mart, London Drugs, Safeway, and MORE?! Guess I'll see tomorrow! I let my dad know about my lunch plans (he said Mom had left - I only saw her for two seconds in the sound room!), and then we went to Angel Café on Fraser / 43rd. In the car on the way over, we talked about farting / Vernon, Sarah Chin, Hannah Lee, Dorcas, Lucas, Pastor Fulton, FM, Pastor Glen / pride about smell / poo conversation / wastewater treatment plants in Sechelt. Dianne discovered that it was a cash-only place, much to her dismay.

We waited for people to FINALLY leave, as Dianne made the further discovery that there were no nearby bank machines. During lunch, we discussed lamb / curry / Malaysian rice / nasi goreng / sambal vegetables / hot pot (Dave can EAT!) / the Olympics / free stuff / next week's program (Dave and I literally talked behind Wesley's back about it) / a climbing gym / poop / a Dr. Allerdyce at Richmond General Hospital who wears a pink THONG and is kinda creepy / more stuff. Later, Harmony dropped me off in an Olympic Lane (we were only there for five seconds) near Oakridge - I wasted ten minutes there, finding out that Safeway / Hallmark Cards didn't have the kind of journals I was looking for. I figured that I'd check Richmond Centre for those unless the 407 was there outside Brighouse Station - since the driver actually waited for me, it was fine. I'll just do that tomorrow! When I got home, I took a three-hour nap since I desperately needed it! After waking up, I signed the aforementioned cards in case I forget later, heh.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home