Monday, December 28, 2009

Drowning dream / Computer monitor out for 12 hours / Lunch at Lesley's / Alliance / Chocolate

Last night, I dreamed that Auntie Brenda (Erin's mom) was showing blatant favoritism towards the boys on a road trip / bus tour, which included Chris T. The girls had to make do with a goat race, and if they didn't make it back in time, they had to be squished inside a train car. No idea what that was about! I also dreamed that I was drowning after I went to a bunch of stairs and wheels on a watery floor... I turned one wheel too far in one direction, and I was quickly overcome by the water! (I woke up after I left a trail of bubbles on the water's surface) Apparently, this means that I am being 'sucked into' something I would rather not be a part of. Or that I am overwhelmed by emotions or repressed issues that are coming back to haunt me. Or it denotes loss of property and life... or it invokes fear. Whichever way you take it, I don't think the interpretation is that great!

This morning, I got up to find that the computer monitor had blinked out again - I had coffee and the last mince tart before Karmie picked me up. Talked about reading, Christmas, movies, and her kids before we got to Lesley's. Winnie P. was there already, which was fine... later, I discovered that Lesley had invited people I didn't know. It was fine getting to know Katherine and Connie - they had kid stories and Malaysia / Brunei stories to share. Deb contributed Singapore / Thailand stories (19-year-old girls in bars who had 7-year-old kids?!), before they all started talking about the strict structure of Bible Study Fellowship / Discipleship / the Navigators. Harmony was there, which was cool... I always enjoy seeing her! (Jon called her later to ask that she pick up some marjoram - she didn't know what it was, so she asked me. I told her that it was some sort of herb - she said I was a walking dictionary, hahaha!)

Discussed reading, North Vancouver, the Alliance Church, kids, nannies, the parkade gate closing at church, matchmaking moms, the holidays, skiing, learning French, travel, Boxing Day, honeymoons, law, teaching, reading to kids, and more. Interesting lunch with a huge sub, butterfly pastries, grapes, Toblerone, wraps, and more - so full, indeed! Got home to see if the computer would work - yes, it FINALLY did! Karmie said something about the SECRET LIFE OF BEES, so I may look that up. Went to the Staples website, where it seemed computers were really expensive - good thing I didn't ask for THOSE from my team partner, haha. Still, I don't know what to do... :(

Totally unrelated to the above: Jonathan just reminded me of this Jonathan Swift quote. "I have been assured by a very knowing American of my acquaintance in London, that a young healthy child, well nursed, is at a year old, a most delicious, nourishing, and wholesome food, whether stewed, roasted, baked, or boiled; and I make no doubt that it will equally serve in a fricassee, or a ragout." HAHAHA! Also heard that the Canucks beat Calgary 5-1 last night; Sonya and Richie weren't too impressed, haha. (Mason Raymond had a hat trick!)




You Are Chocolate Truffles



You are unpredictable and even a little zany. No one knows what to expect when you're around.

You have a short attention span and need a lot of variety in your life.



You are easily addicted to the things that you love. It's hard for you to only eat one chocolate from the box.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home