Monday, December 28, 2009

Reporting AMACON to the health department / Acid Poo

Earlier tonight, I decided to report my management to the city health department, using this electronic web form. I could CALL the health department for sure, but I wanted to make sure I could write everything down without people interrupting me, haha.

I have mice in my apartment, and my landlord (AMACON Property Management) won't get rid of them. They give me glue traps, but that isn't solving the problem. Pest control comes by only once a month for a very limited time, and has said that I don't know what I'm talking about.

The manager did send someone in to block some of the holes, but that isn't enough since the mice are still getting in. When I call the management, they blow me off by saying that I should wait for pest control, and say that I complain "too much."

What should I do in this situation?
(written Sunday, December 27)

I should call 276-4000 if I have no response in ten business days, and I certainly will. It's only too bad that I never really thought to document a whole bunch of this stuff properly! I guess I'll see what happens... can't be too bad, I hope. Also listened to a radio version of It's A Wonderful Life, which was fine!


Poo nugget for Monday, December 28: Dr. Stool Says - Acid Poo - It is well known that acid produced by the stomach can cause heartburn and ulcers. In one particular condition called Zollinger-Ellison syndrome, an excess amount of acid produced as a result of a tumor leads not only to these typical upper GI symptoms, but also to torrential diarrhea. Diarrhea occurs because the sheer volume of the acidic juices secreted by the stomach cannot be absorbed by the GI tract, and also because the acid destroys the pancreatic enzymes that normally help us to digest our food. The end result is acidic and fatty diarrhea. Symptoms can sometimes be controlled with medication, but surgical removal of the tumor is the only curative treatment.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home