Thursday, November 19, 2009

I'm getting OLD if I choose LILAC for a BEDROOM...

I accidentally went out across the street because it was way too early to remember crap! YIKES. At least I remembered after two minutes or so of waiting in the wind and rain... on the way over, I learned that the real estate agent was excitable like Mom / the contractor (his brother) apparently only likes one color and that is GREY! / that Mom was also kinda sensitive for some reason. She wasn't impressed when Steph told her not to worry so much: "Not WORRY! Can I just say SOMETHING?!" In my head, I was like "NO! You've been 'saying something' all morning, I bet..." Steph's new townhouse was pretty cold, but then it is a gated community on the other hand. Spent the next few hours looking at the rooms, enduring "jokes" about how I should be in the crawlspace (forcible confinement is an indictable offense!!!!), learning about my sister's work, testing the new stove with non-coil elements, testing the toilet as the most important thing, being amused by the contractor's color wheel (who would know that "Lauren's Surprise" was a shade of BLUE?!), and more. I found I was getting old when I chose LILAC for my sister's spare bedroom - am I that old, and then share my mom's taste too?! OH MY GOODNESS. Just a few years ago, I politely declined a mauve clothing item - now, I don't know!

Had lunch at the Pho place next to Long's Noodle House with Jon and Harmony (Dad told Steph not to tell Mom that she shouldn't leave the door open because it's COLD for the other people... then she really IS sensitive!), then went back to the townhouse so they could have a look at it. Then we went to Vancouver Lighting (which is actually across the street from the Richmond Ikea), where my sister bought $300 worth of light bulbs / lights / track lighting while rolling her eyes at Mom's thoughts and directing me to the BLING chandeliers. My mom wanted me to come over for dinner, but I demurred. (discussed Sean, girlfriends, how "green" the three of us were on a spectrum, Phil, a lamp looking like a pineapple, Tiffany lamps for $4500, and other things) I think I remember my PIN, so might go out to test it before I come back to shower and call Auntie Ying.




You Are Angel



You have a pretty dark past, but you've changed your ways... and possibly not by choice.

These days, you try to do your best to be a good person. You have a sore spot for anyone who hurts anyone else.



You are a true romantic, but you can't be with the person you truly love. And you are completely torn up about it.

At your core, you're a loner. You are light-hearted and funny, but deep down you're really quite tormented.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home