Saturday, November 21, 2009

Confusing cans of mushrooms with cans of mushroom SOUP / E. Coli

Eric picked me up a little later than scheduled, but that was okay. Talked about the weather, flowers / butterflies being on thank-you cards, water dragons, smelling my brandy beans, Superstore (my secret plan to get cans of mushrooms worked, yay!), appropriate sorts of thank-you cards (we settled on a blank one), men, puddles (my water bottle wasn't capped properly?!), my causing the rainy weather (NO!), the grad video he did for Jon (he says I should link Jeremy to it since he's not on Facebook - no, because it features me being stupid :P), no organic mushrooms, washing knapsacks because of Mr. Creep, cookies, budging, and more. We met Kevin at Superstore, and I spent a minute looking at the holiday cards - 36 for $6.99 works out to 5.2ยข a card, which is cheap, but not as cheap as my London Drugs deals!

SHIT! THE COMPUTER MONITOR BLINKED OUT FOR HALF AN HOUR IN THE MIDDLE OF COMPOSING THIS POST! So I had some hot chocolate, and started on my personal Christmas cards instead - I think I need a new computer sooner rather than later! I knew the monitor was working because of the handy little light just below the screen, but still.

Once we got to the fellowship hall, we saw Citrus "on duty" - Jen, Connie, Harmony, Randal, and I asked him a lot of questions later! Magazine wasn't loaded, and he even handcuffed Jen - I'm sure it's very restricting! I talked briefly to Andrea, who won't be there on Sunday at the lunch (says Auntie Bessy sent the email out, and I should go since I could possibly get a ride partway...) - and I said hi to Chuck and Teresa too. Was going to sit behind Dylan and Deb, but Harmony wanted me to sit next to her - all righty then! The talk was pretty good, and I'm happy we'll have more of those in future. Stayed well away from a certain person as per usual, greeted Vivian, and asked Christon about the wild mushroom soup - he said it was his dad's recipe (with a few modifications) that he absorbed, but he'll send it. COOL STUFF!

Shally was telling Harmony, Jen, and Calla something which they'd already figured out - she and Jose are dating now. As if the "sharing chairs" behavior at the dinner last week wasn't OBVIOUS, hahaha. Calla said that Alan and Tracy didn't even know she and Stanford had been dating (or the length of time) - Lesley even asked about it. No, they hadn't only been dating for four months! Of course, Jon had to insert a joke about their engagement in some announcement he made to the whole congregation about a week after it happened! Jon said that he was being funny - talked about blunt razors, dry shaving, haircuts, listening to what your wife said, crashing at your friends' places, the Yaletown Brewery, volunteering, the Culture Crawl, and more. Got a card back from Christon, used Chuck's medical expertise on Teresa's nasty-looking cut (talked about his mom and Facebook), and talked to Deb for a bit after I took two packets of hot chocolate (added it to the stuff at home).

On the way home after dropping off Jon and Harmony (plus getting gas), Eric asked if I'd had a good evening. It was all right, I suppose - nothing INTERESTING, to be sure! Talked about New Year's Eve (he may be inviting THE POTATO HEAD?!!!), his cell phone alarm at 11 to tell him to prepare to get ready for bed, football / Western Conference and Eastern Conference rules, doing sound (little window!), gaming, and more. When I got home, I thought I had left one can of mushrooms in his car - I called him to check, and he said I hadn't. Turns out I was confusing cans of mushrooms with cans of mushroom SOUP, because the number of cans weren't equal. It was too late to call his place and tell him that, so I just wrote something on his Facebook wall instead, haha.


Poo nugget for this weekend: Dr. Stool Says - E. Coli - Escherichia coli is a bacterium of many personalities. Depending on the strain, the same bacteria that peacefully reside in our colons without causing trouble can also cause life-threatening infections. In fact, food poisoning outbreaks associated with fresh spinach and Taco Bell green onions in 2006 were both linked to a particularly nasty strain of E. coli called O157:H7.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home