Friday, November 20, 2009

Auntie Ying does NOT have to reimburse me for $2 worth of stuff, seriously! / Melting Pot of Poo

Called Auntie Ying after I took a shower, who says she likes talking to me... oh good. She was surprised to learn that I had bought Christmas cards and candy canes for the kids already, and said that I was so thoughtful to buy something for her too! "Now I will give you something! What do you spend your money on? Food? Clothing? Your MOM gives you stuff? What a NICE MOM!" She told me about a lunch that was happening on Sunday, about the Junior Curriculum and such. Perhaps it's true that the material we have for the kids is a bit difficult for the younger ones, but I don't know. She might still have a children's Bible around from when Phil and Melia were kids... she speaks Cantonese to them, but can't really do that with Grace and Angus! Says she feels a bit guilty that she talks to Rachel's grandma while I attempt to teach the kids, but of course Rachel's grandma isn't a Christian... it's about the sharing! (we reminded each other to pray for the kids!)

Then she wondered whether I understood her English - yes, it's fine! Not fluent or anything, but I understand! If I find something in the preparation, she says I should call her tomorrow because she and Uncle Peter are leaving early Saturday for a Liberal convention in Whistler. COOL... it could be the one that Silvester is at RIGHT NOW! Have asked Jon if he has the recipe for the wild mushroom soup - no, of course I'm not going to make it, as I'll wait for the guys to do that. He doesn't, but thinks Christon does, or it could be on the Food Network. I'll ask Christon tomorrow - perfect excuse for prying him away from his new best friend, who is Mr. Creep! :P

And... I've JUST discovered that Sharlene's unfriended me from Facebook. Great - who am I gonna tag in the six weeks' worth of poo notes now?! (and the rest of the year) Maybe I'll ask Barb if she minds, or someone else who's not likely to unfriend me for it, har har. Then again, I just asked Itamar - "Poo facts are largely ignored - you're under no threat of being unfriended." PHEW! I'll do it tomorrow!


Poo nugget for Friday, November 20: Camouflage Poo - The Melting Pot of Poo - The slowing of colonic transit (CONSTIPATION) allows digestive debris from several meals to form a single, variegated bolus of stool. In other words, the ham and cheese sandwich you had for lunch catches up to the scrambled eggs you had for breakfast, the steak you had for dinner the night before, etc. These conglomerations are uneven and jagged, leaving you to wonder why these bumpy feces can't achieve the honeyed smoothness of previous poos. (POO OF THE MONTH!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home