Thursday, November 19, 2009

More inexpensive Christmas cards and presents?! COOL STUFF, MAN!

Ooh, I almost forgot! At the Pho restaurant today, I checked out the exceedingly pink menu (reminded me of Steph's counter, bathroom, and kitchen) and had to laugh at #40. "TASTED RICE," anyone?! Steph, Jon, and Harmony got a laugh out of the Engrish!

Is this ad too good to be true? I know.... if you have to ask, then it probably is! "1 BEDROOM APARTMENT LOCATED IN THE HEART OF RICHMOND THIS APARTMENT HAS A LIVING ROOM AND DINNING ROOM LARGE KITCHEN 1 LARGE BEDROOM NEW HARDWOOD FLOORS 1 BATH. ALL APPLIANCES STAINLESS STEEL, DISHWASHER & MICROWAVE INCLUDED HARDWOOD FLOORS THROUGHOUT LAUNDRY ROOM (WASHER & DRYER HOOK UP READY) BATHROOMS HAVE BEAUTIFUL CERAMIC TILES THROUGHOUT....INQUIRE ASAP WON'T LAST."

I had to wait for twenty minutes before a bus came tonight - I wasn't impressed since I'd checked the Translink website before leaving early, too! Went to London Drugs and successfully remembered my PIN, so took out a minimal amount of money. Spent less than $20 on on-sale inexpensive chocolate-mint Waterbridge Slim Stix (one for me and one for Auntie Ying), Campbell's Creations teriyaki beef noodle-vegetable soup, four boxes of very inexpensive Christmas cards ($1 or $2 for 18, and suggested retail was $14 to $16?!), one pack of Trident pomegranate-blueberry gum (NEW FLAVOR!), one eight-pack of 99ยข candy canes for the kids at toddler Sunday School (one each), and some Cortina lentils. I think a "May your Christmas be perfect!" card is all right for the kids or their families. Hee hee, I knew I bought all those Christmas stickers a couple weeks ago for a reason! But one pack says "Season's Greetings," which I didn't really notice till later... would it be bad to send them out to other believers, or should I just save it for future Holiday_Wishes stuff? Hmm...

I know that one 75g box of chocolate-mint sticks may not be "enough" for Auntie Ying, even if she's not materialistic or whatever (I should also have remembered Rachel's grandma... next time which may be tomorrow!), but it's what I can afford realistically. I'm sure she'll understand... and it's not like I want to buy gifts for EVERYONE in my life! Maybe I'll get Rachel's grandma a blank Christmas card (do they even MAKE those things?!), and make my parents write out "Merry Christmas" in Chinese for me to copy - she may appreciate the effort, haha. I also nearly SLIPPED in the store, YIKES! Saw CANNED WONTON SOUP - SO WRONG! I'd rather pay the extra two bucks or whatever for the authentic experience of having it in a restaurant, with NOODLES and other things!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home