Wednesday, September 12, 2007

HALLOWEEN and deleted scenes?! Oh my!

Mom sent an email to the wrong Leslie, and referred to a hockey pool as a hockey POLL. Close, but no cigar! Apparently, Steph can't make it on Sunday because of hockey pool commitments, so I guess it'll have to be tomorrow night sometime. That'll be good, too! Jon can't make it at 6 because of worship practice, but thinks he can make it at 7:30 - that sounds better to me.


Ah, good times with Corey... he always wants me to see horror movies!

[15:20:14] I eat Kleenex for breakfast!: he says he wants us to see HALLOWEEN! :O
[15:22:28] Corey: I've seen that :-O
[15:23:01] Corey: but not the one in theaters... I saw the workprint, and apparently they added a bunch of murders, changed the ending, and removed the graphic rape scene :P
[15:23:34] Corey: the original is better and Rob Zombie makes everyone swear way too much, but it's pretty good for a horror remake
[15:23:37] I eat Kleenex for breakfast!: .... and he wonders WHY I don't want to see that or SAW :P
[15:26:01] Corey: because you're a wuss?
[15:26:18] I eat Kleenex for breakfast!: COREY!
[15:26:38] Corey: well, that's my best guess :P
[15:27:01] I eat Kleenex for breakfast!: it's so gory - I don't THINK so!
[15:27:20] Corey: Halloween isn't that gory
[15:27:54] Corey: it's definitely not devoid of it, but it's mostly blood rather than blood & guts stuff :P
[15:28:47] I eat Kleenex for breakfast!: I was talking about SAW
[15:29:25] Corey: SAW actually has a decent story.. it's not bad :P the sequel is kinda lame, and I haven't seen the third.. but the first is pretty cool
[15:29:56] Corey: it's not much worse than CSI or any of that stuff that they broadcast at dinner time these days...
[15:30:15] Corey: SAW is grosser than Halloween though, for sure
[15:30:36] Corey: it's a pretty mainstream horror movie though, so really it's not that bad... mainstream stuff is pretty tame
[15:31:29] I eat Kleenex for breakfast!: well, I guess I'll take your word for it since I don't intend to see it
[15:32:05] Corey: go see Halloween at least, ya nerd
[15:32:50] I eat Kleenex for breakfast!: he wants me to, but I swear I will spend the entire movie refusing to see the screen :P
[15:33:14] Corey: why? to be sure to not have any fun?
[15:33:37] I eat Kleenex for breakfast!: I don't know if I want to see people decapitated or whatever it is they do in the film :P
[15:34:34] Corey: well, if you don't go and watch it, I'll decapitate you!! :P I'm not sure if Halloween has any decapitations, though.... I haven't seen the extra murders they added though, so I could be wrong :P
[15:35:35] Corey: besides, decapitation is a natural part of life, and you're a sicko that loves to read about that stuff anyway!! :P
[15:36:28] I eat Kleenex for breakfast!: .... WHAT?! COREY!
[15:37:34] Corey: you don't like to read about decrapitation?
[15:39:09] I eat Kleenex for breakfast!: ...... maybe
[15:40:34] Corey: well those are real decapitations, which is pretty sick stuff :P this is a movie monster doing it, with spurting fake blood and it's not real, which is a lot less sick than an account of someone really doing that :P
[15:43:45] I eat Kleenex for breakfast!: but I like reading accounts of someone really doing it, to a certain extent
[15:49:35] I eat Kleenex for breakfast!: but as for the movie monster thing.... I dunno. as for the graphic rape scene, um... I think I could do without that
[15:50:16] Corey: I told you, that's one of the scenes they took out :P
[15:50:38] Corey: and Michael Meyers doesn't do that stuff, it was one of the guys that worked at the mental institution
[15:51:11] I eat Kleenex for breakfast!: oh, okay... I thought you said they just took it out of the workprint, which is different than the theatre version
[15:51:33] Corey: it's in the workprint, but not the theater version
[15:52:36] I eat Kleenex for breakfast!: ah, that's good
[15:56:35] Corey: why is that good? :P making a horror movie less scary is good? :P
[15:57:09] I eat Kleenex for breakfast!: maybe not on principle, but for my personal taste, I guess it is :P
[15:58:36] Corey: didn't you watch Braindead? that's a pretty gory movie
[15:59:46] I eat Kleenex for breakfast!: yeah, I did ... about three times or so
[16:06:56] Corey: so you're practically a gorehound already, so quit being a wimp :P
[16:11:22] I eat Kleenex for breakfast!: whatever
[16:15:30] Corey: horror movies are also a device used by girls to pretend like they're wimps and get the guy to hold them close :P
[16:17:14] I eat Kleenex for breakfast!: no... they are devices used by GUYS to effect the same thing :P
[16:17:37] Corey: I don't need no stinkin' horror movie to hug a girl
[16:17:56] Corey: and if I'm watching one, I'd rather have the girl quit bugging me anyway! :P
[16:18:17] I eat Kleenex for breakfast!: hahaha, sounds good then!
[16:24:29] I eat Kleenex for breakfast!: ooh, I should get him to watch REJECTED! HAHAHAHA
[16:57:13] Corey: tell him you want to watch Cannibal Holocaust. watch that (I can help you find a copy :P), and he might want to quit watching horror movies with you. then your problem is solved after one movie
[17:04:15] I eat Kleenex for breakfast!: hahaha, oh dear. I think that movie would be too much for me :P
[17:04:39] Corey: well, I haven't watched it :P I do have it here somewhere...
[17:05:28] I eat Kleenex for breakfast!: I take it that the movie is really gory
[17:10:58] Corey: that movie has real gore, on top of being really gory with fake stuff :P
[17:11:15] Corey: they killed real animals... quite graphically.. making that movie
[17:11:53] Corey: plus in at least one country (maybe Italy, where it was made?) a judge ordered the director to produce the actors from the movie, because people thought they really killed people in this
[17:12:11] Corey: The Blair Witch Project ripped this movie off big time
[17:12:49] Corey: a camera crew goes missing in the jungle, and they recover their footage, and play it back.. so it's all this gritty handheld camera stuff that looks a lot more realistic than a normal camera shot
[17:13:28] Corey: and... Blair Witch was kids going missing in a forest and someone recovers the footage and plays it back :P different story, I guess, but the premise was completely lifted from Cannibal Holocaust
[17:13:45] Corey: I'd watch it if it weren't for the animal killings.. I'll take my gore fictional, thanks..
[17:16:23] I eat Kleenex for breakfast!: I don't think I'd watch it, either - and I hope that's not the sort of stuff he'd like to view!
[17:17:59] Corey: aside from the animal stuff, it sounds pretty awesome from what I've seen :P but the animal stuff is really sick stuff... and not quick shots either, they give you plenty of detail on it... I guess most of that is the "cannibal" tribes doing stuff to animals
[17:18:38] I eat Kleenex for breakfast!: yeah.. that is so not my thing :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home