Sunday, September 09, 2007

Let's start fake Awana rumors before the year even begins!

I am so confused right now that it isn't even funny. HELP!

Ada and I got slightly lost on the way to Anita and Jeff's, but we talked about her husband John and sons Ian and Sean. Don't get me started on how John, Ian, and Sean are all the same name! We talked about Sean's autism, being more sociable in daycare, school, Awana commitment, picking your own berries / corn, her being in Awana before, church community / roots / friendship, Annacis Island, my grandma, Frances, New Westminster, Wal-Mart, the toddler Sunday School, my understanding of Cantonese, and other stuff. When we found Jeff and Anita's, things were about to get underway an hour later than scheduled. Found Andrew and waved hi - he sat between me and Michelle almost the entire night, which led Vanessa to start a fake Awana rumor before the year even began! Asked what he was doing for his birthday: it involves nightclubs and fake ID usage - NOT GOOD, SINCE I DON'T THINK YOUR PARENTS WILL LET YOU DO THAT! He remembered that the South Delta conference was crazy - I tend to agree, and I remember Edmond bemoaning the lack of sleep in a general Awana email, haha.

Waved hi to Henry, Hilary, Jason, Amos, Jessica, Cindy, Zoe, Eric (whose ugly mustache won almost universal disapproval), Chris, Chrystal, Joey, Emily x2, Margaret, and Mike. Eric tried getting us to form letters with our bodies ("C-H-R-I-S-T-I-A-N, L-I-V-E, E-T-E-R-N-A-L-L-Y"), and then put me on the spot by asking me to assess another group's "leading a song." That's the only reason I rolled my eyes, and he commented on that too. Next time, don't ask me because I hate not being totally prepared for questions! I know, I know - these are my fellow servers, but still. We had pork chops, sausages, chips, salad, and other stuff for dinner: JEFF IS THE GRILL MASTER! Told Chrystal about my birthday thing, and she said she'd email me if she could make it. Eric almost took out Anita's chandelier by hitting his head on it while demonstrating a "big" action on the word "universe" in the "Who's the King of the Jungle?" song - AIYOH!

Mike had fun with Anita's magnets, making various chemicals and then a stethoscope out of them before they rolled all over the floor. Emily wondered why he wore a shirt with "CAPPUCCINO" on it, but he said he'd bought it in Hong Kong - that explains things! We talked about his sister Joanna, whom nobody sees anymore because she's in a "hermit shell" - Joey says that when the guys are over, they make as much noise as possible because they KNOW she's not awake yet! That's not very nice! Then we started discussing Joyce's sister Joanna: nobody named Joanne in our church (although there USED to be), and Juliana isn't even close to that name! Joey and Emily C. finished a LOT of chips between them while signing a card and amusing everyone else, oh my!

We had sessions (which Eric couldn't say) on discipline, leadership, singing, connecting, and responsibilities. Talked to Jeff about Chilliwack for a bit before I left - I didn't really mind leaving when dessert started since I had ice cream in the freezer at home! Not the same as having it with a bunch of people, but whatever. Got home to some INTERESTING messages from Eric M. involving Kamloops, my "boy toy," and my birthday party / living arrangements - hmm! Guess I'll see what happens with stuff afterwards. Danielle, Karen (and Ivan), Sheena (and Chalaine), Steph, Randal, and Eric M. have replied to my Evite so far - Randal wonders what kind of suit to wear to a birthday party, so I instantly thought that it better not be a birthday suit, haha. Maybe I'll tell him that tomorrow after asking Jeremy how his jazz gig went! Speaking of, Phil isn't in for Sunday Dinner - Jon, Eric, and I appear to be the only ones in so far. Gotta see how THAT goes as well, since I almost forgot about it. Currently telling Corey how I misread "perils of the large workplace" as "PENIS of the large workplace" - I don't even want to know how that works! o_O


P.S. If people join in teasing me when my family starts it, I don't like that very much. I don't care if it's in good fun or not, because I don't find that behavior very supportive. I'd prefer if they just said that they didn't want to listen to it at all because it bothers ME and they don't like it. I'm sensitive about things and DO NOT LIKE TEASING! UGH.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home