Saturday, September 08, 2007

"If her heart races when she tries to sleep, she needs medical help!"

Found out that people were still filming a movie or something at the usual intersection, so spent time moving around the tents and such before Eric finally saw me from across the street. I hope this filming is over by the time I have to meet him near his work again! We spent an interesting car ride where I punched him a couple of times for daring to suggest that everything was my fault - I don't see how extreme bridge traffic / an 11-cent jump in gas prices could possibly be blamed on me! Never mind AD HOMINEM arguments and suchlike because he thinks it was established long ago that everything was my fault, and it was NOT according to him. We went to Safeway after discussing that dinner for a while - peaches and cream strudel and black cherry pop were just two of the things we bought. Well, at least Eric THOUGHT it was peaches and cream strudel... later, Randal and I thought it looked more like apple strudel like my receipt said, rather than what the box may have indicated! Went to Pho after doing things with money, and joined Jen and Karen. We talked about Greg, Korey, relationships and how they take a toll on your figure, Ivan, "support / taking care of people," that townhouse dinner, getting takeout, Pho, soupy vs. dry stuff, shrimp salad rolls, Evites for my birthday thing, and some other things. Good times!

Went back to church and said hi to a bunch of people; Chuck tapped me on the shoulder and asked after me, so I said I was fine and evaded any attempt to tease me. Later, I told Andrea that she and Chuck were invited to my birthday thing, so Chuck could tease Korey all he wanted! Honestly, some of that teasing would probably be directed at me too, but hey... it's Chuck, and I know he can be goofy! Talked about giving up stuff for a month - Jon's not getting beer from restaurants?! Hard for him, I'm sure! (not Pho or bubble tea) Got Sheena's email address, which I later found out was in my Gmail contacts... weird. Listened to Pastor John give his testimony and answer some questions about his family: his wife homeschools their three kids, which is something unusual around here. Being both the mom and the teacher must take a lot of organizational fortitude, heh. Went downstairs and played a question game - I was finally able to give Eric his dinner! His question was very appropriate: "Describe the last meal you had, and say why you liked it!" Lemongrass chicken with rice and such, anyone? Jeremy just thought my question was odd, while Cindy thought that I'd have a lot of help if I couldn't think of anything to say. ("What is one thing you like about yourself?") Luckily, I could think of one thing to say, and joked that we'd be here ALL NIGHT (much to Stanley's chagrin!) if I listed off all my good qualities, haha! It was interesting with Calla, Jeremy, Dylan, Cindy, Jen, Pastor John, Eric, Chuck, and Andrea! Cindy likes how I remember everyone's birthdays, and Dylan was talking to the wrong person when I first met him if he expected his own to be forgotten!

After that, we had a LOT of desserts. Sarah, Julie, Emily, Andrea L., Tina, Ivan, and the other first-years seemed to mingle well with their friends and others. Asked Sarah whether she were going to the barbecue tomorrow - she was, and mentioned that her mom had bought a LOT of meat! It better be a lot, to feed 40 people! Talked to Quan, Cordia, Michelle, Steph, Joey, Mike, Sam, Vivian, Karen, Vanessa, Eric, Grace, Randal, and others about pumpkin tarts not being butter tarts / Mexico / bonding through sweat-sharing, Phil's grandma, my birthday thing ("probably free?!"), my being Eric's sugar guinea pig since he can't eat it (Vivian CAN - but she insisted I eat the tart anyhow), the Walkathon, sending Evite later since I had no time in the afternoon, etc. I noticed that Jon was doing another gross food combo: ice cream, coffee grounds, coffee whitener, almond jelly (gotta have the maraschino cherry!), one or two tea bags, Smarties, and I'm not sure what else! (no hot chocolate, though!) Ivan said it looked like there was mold growing on top of it, while Citrus just said that Jon could go on FEAR FACTOR since we were all used to seeing that over the years. Randal asked whether he got stomachaches or diarrhea; when the answer was no, he mused that Jon must have an iron stomach! Chung, Andrea, Isabel, Sam, Mike, Darren, Danielle, Emily, Sarah, Julie, Connie, Ivan, and others just looked disgusted: I told them just to be glad they weren't EATING it! Got Steph to take a couple of pictures, haha.

Met Danielle's cousin Kevin - their moms are sisters, so their last name isn't even the same! They were kinda close growing up (she used to babysit him, but he doesn't remember), and he is certainly from Edmonton and not "FORT SASKATCHEWAN!" like SOME PEOPLE, haha. He got Danielle to call his parents for him once he was in town, too. After waving bye to Jeremy, I noticed a group clustering around Citrus and making general disgusted noises, so I asked Christon what that was all about. Apparently, people think that Danielle should moisturize Citrus' legs for him - EWWW! I tried reassuring her that it wasn't THAT bad! Someone asked Michelle if Daniel moisturized his own legs - she gave us a dubious look, and said not really! Steph then tried to get various people into the hockey pool, and jokingly complained about 6 AM Sunday not being a good time for a draft because Chris has to go to church on the East Coast! Darren just hopes that they hold it before he goes to Ireland! Mike asked me whether I knew how crazy they got over the hockey pool - BELIEVE ME, I KNOW!

Talked to Harmony on the phone for a while since I made Jon sign some birthday cards: she's doing well, and had a program where people shared about their mission trip to Angola. Those stories are always interesting to hear! Lotsa people in the basement, trying to take leftovers home! (always a feature of our nights, haha) Cordia was bugging Quan about stupidity weighing her down, and told me that my sister just reflected her bullying... sure thing then! On the way home, we discussed poop / sleep issues / insomnia / sympathy reactions with Harmony via phone. Harmony's mind races a lot, and that's why she can't sleep - she got half an hour of sleep the other night! Eric thought Jon had said something about her heart, and remarked that she'd need medical help if THAT were the case! Steph joked that we should get Mom to ask Harmony those certain regularity questions, haha. Eric noticed that the car windows were steamy, and jokingly told me to stop thinking about Korey - I told everyone else that I was NOT thinking about Korey, and Steph asked whether I was sad when he left: no, I was remarkably calm! At home, Dan and I complained about life before I went to bed. Sent the Evite (it took SO LONG to input addresses!), and Danielle / Steph / Karen have replied so far. Maybe I'll add more people later...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home