Friday, September 29, 2006

You aren't pregnant, but your next baby will be seven inches long and weigh five pounds!

Lunch at Long's Noodle House was pretty good: we got a shaded parking spot right in front of the restaurant, and didn't have to wait for a table! I read a bit of THE ABOLITION OF MAN by C.S. Lewis (Jon's Regent text) and figured he was saying that things weren't as they seemed. ("sublime" meaning?) Among other things (hot and sour soup / SLB / surfboard noodles / Shanghai noodles), we had chicken with wine sauce that was served in a small flowerpot! I thought my mom was joking at first when she told me about it, but it was certainly cool. When she asked me to drink that wine so I could be tipsy (you wish!), Jon told HER to drink it, which she wouldn't do... too bad, since that would have been hilarious! Throughout the meal, Jon was in contact with some of the guys regarding THEIR plans for tonight. He's not going to SLB at Shanghai Wind with the Denial faction: Mom doesn't get the concept, and thought Eddie and Eunice were in fact going to show up... no, it's to possibly attract those satellite people LIKE them back! Instead, he's going with his small group to Original Joe's (the nacho plates were HUGE when I went in July 2004!), and then they're playing pool.

Unfortunately, Alan seemed to object rather vehemently to Original Joe's, and voted for the Cactus Club instead. Knowing Jon and Jeremy, they'll have a beer at Original Joe's first even if they DO end up going elsewhere before pool. Mom asked when Jeremy's birthday was, and whether we were doing anything for it: the Sunday dinner at Nathan's should suffice for now, since the birth anniversary IS that day! Then she wondered whether they'd do it next week: no, it's Thanksgiving! She invited me to Thanksgiving dinner, and mentioned that she'd invite Dallas especially because he's away from home: I might do that, heh.

There really isn't too much more to say, except that my mom asked me why I bought toilet paper: uh, because I kinda needed it and couldn't wait till later?! At least it was on sale! (ah, crazy Asians...) I got Jon to sign the 11 birthday cards while Mom was shopping for stuff at a Chinese supermarket, so that's one thing done! Now all I have to do is get Steph to sign them on Sunday, too...

Oh yes, my mom told me about the Adams River bus tour schedule: the two-day trip is better because it's less exhausting to NOT to be on the bus for nine hours! Apparently, we'll be going to Kelowna / seeing the river run red with salmon blood as they go through pain to spawn and die / go to some wine thing / go to some ginseng place. It should be okay, if I can manage to get up earlier than I might for the Awana Conference (7 AM), which is what I'd be doing on the Saturday anyhow! I have a feeling that Andrea and Jen will call me fairly soonish to pick me up for the Earls outing (I explained the change of plans to Jon), so I should get off here!

Hey, I found the diary entry I was referring to earlier with that "are you pregnant?" test! It's from May 21, 2001. (a Monday)

Jon and Eric spent the afternoon trying to arrange a game of Ultimate, which apparently ended up with very few people! (and it was in Vancouver - so much for the next one being in Richmond for once) When Eric finally came over, I was looking up multiple births and stuff on the Internet (as usual these days, it seems); he wanted to know why, so I told him that it was interesting - sure is! Later, we all went to Justin's for dinner - Jon, Steph, Fidela, Justin, Clement, Bryant, Vanessa, Jenny, and Eric were also there. Audrey was at a friend's house already, while Sean just wasn't there for some reason.

Got caught up in some "IQ quiz" with 1800+ questions on The Spark - that took way too long even on Justin's FAST computer! Before that, I was looking up the usual; Eric wandered in and asked if I wasn't tired of it yet... not quite! Soon afterwards, Justin came in as well - it was the party room with the computer as the centre of attention... NOT! Much later (after dinner), I was STILL on the IQ test when Eric came in and wondered how long it was going to take... much too long, my friend! It's practically endless, you see!

I invited him to try his hand at it - after two pages, he declared that the IQ test was obviously designed to see how long you could last before you figured out that it would go on forever: I had obviously failed to see that, even at 1800+ questions and counting! I accepted that assessment with good humor and grace, and told him to try the personality and gender tests - those weren't endless, at least!

After that, Eric decided to take the pregnancy test for a lark - it is a very irreverent, humorous site! There was a question about what you craved most to eat, and one of the choices was "succulent babies." Eric laughed as he jokingly chose it - good thing I knew he wasn't serious, or I would've probably done something that I'd regret later! Eric's next baby will apparently weigh 13 pounds and be 5 inches long... we didn't know about THAT result, haha!

Then it was his turn to show me a quiz, this one on Beliefnet: "What Kind of Christian are You?" He warned me that I better answer 1 to most of the questions, which I accordingly did. When I was done, Eric said that I'd scored even higher than he had. So he went back through the questions to see the differences between our respective answers - not much, but just enough!

After that, he left me on my own, saying that I could learn more about myself. I also took the pregnancy test: like Eric, I wasn't pregnant, but my next baby will apparently be 7 inches long (better than Eric's kid!) and weigh 5 pounds. Hmmmm... weirdness rules! Then I went to see what everyone else was doing, having had just about enough of the computer. After watching people play some version of Street Fighter, we decided to go for bubble tea at Big Teapot. When I told Eric the results of my test, he said that he hoped I hadn't answered "yes" to the question about having unprotected sex with a mortal within the past nine months... of course not! What do YOU think, buddy?


There's more, but it's largely irrelevant to the "baby" thing, hahaha. Finished just in time, as Andrea and Jen are outside waiting... off to dinner! :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home