Thursday, September 28, 2006

No tile scrambling till Level 25! / Satanic Bible as sex reading? / RAM / Moxie's

I set a new record in Bookworm! Not a scoring record, but a record for going the longest without scrambling the original letter tiles in the game. I eventually had to scramble them in Level 25 because my gold tiles were in serious danger of getting swallowed up by flaming tiles near the bottom of the board! Normally, I'd never really notice things like that, but I got to thinking that I hadn't had to scramble the letters yet when I reached Level 21 or thereabouts. That was pretty good for me, and when I reached Level 25, I knew this had to be some sort of record, haha.

Corey also sent me this email: "Here's your sex reading! I know you'll have a big reaction over the title, but bear with it, and read the sex section at least. :P (the whole "air" second section of it seems pretty interesting so far, it was a bit after the sex part when I stopped reading last...) It's more about looking at just how humans naturally are and accepting that than anything else.. with bits of fantasy mixed in (hence the title) because people "need" that or something. And just read the damn thing. If I catch you spending days on end "formatting" it, I'll beat you up. :P This one is a book and already formatted, so you don't need to do that. :P"

At first, I thought it was highly amusing... but that was before I read the title of the PDF... ANTON LAVEY'S SATANIC BIBLE?! Disclaimer: Neither of us are Satanists or anything like that! Maybe I'll read it in due time... I *did* kinda ask him how I could "get over" his perception of my being "hung-up" over sex and such, but I didn't really expect THAT! Oh my, indeed... o_O This reminds me of when I saw The Boomer Bible at the library years ago, but didn't borrow it... now I wish I had, haha! (I thought it was sacrilege or something, kinda like those books which described Jesus Christ as having children with Mary Magdalene or something... I remember Auntie Cathy telling me not to borrow that one from the library, heh!)

This is what he told me after that, plus stuff about RAM and how much I need, despite Eric M.'s assertions to the contrary:

[21:10:59] Corey: speaking of sex, I found something you can read about that, kind of in response to your "well, how do I get over it?" stuff :P but anyway, what did you do?
[21:14:02] Flami: touch me, touch my skin and heart: I went to catch a show with Jon and Jeremy yesterday night... and the music ROCKED!!!!
[21:20:00] Corey: (I emailed you the thing I said you could read)
[21:20:10] Corey: (countdown to you yelling at me in 3... 2... 1...)
[21:30:20] Flami: I know you emailed something to me... YM told me so :P
[21:30:28] Flami: now I don't know if I want to see what it is
[21:31:00] Corey: oh, it's not bad... but I can pretty much guarantee that you'll scream at me for the title :P
[21:31:15] Flami: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA... air and sex?!
[21:31:21] Corey: what I've read of it so far seems pretty good, the philosophy part at least :P
[21:31:23] Flami: oh geez
[21:31:36] Corey: air and sex? it's not about air :P that's the section of the book it's in
[21:31:46] Flami: as for formatting it, hahahahahaha
[21:33:17] Flami: ........ this has ceased to be amusing / hilarious.... the SATANIC BIBLE?! COREY!!!!!!!!!!
[21:33:57] Corey: see? there's the big reaction I told you about :D
[21:34:10] Flami: can I just kill you now and get it over with?!
[21:34:19] Corey: but seriously, read the section on sex :P
[21:36:19] Corey: that is NOT about devil worship or whatever :P they use Satan as a metaphor for everything that religion says is bad (more or less) because it makes people feel bad about themselves for things they'll do anyway because they're human and that's how humans are :P so it's mainly about recognizing how people act, and accepting that. I started reading it out of curiosity a day or two ago
[21:36:56] Corey: so hence, the part about bearing with the title and checking it out anyway :P
[21:37:57] Corey: looks like page 35 is where that starts
[21:39:12] Flami: okay, yeah... I can understand that
[21:46:42] Flami: well, I hope it doesn't cause my browser / computer to freeze
[21:49:14] Corey: it's just a PDF :P much smaller than the recipe one
[21:51:20] Flami: yes, I know... but the last PDF that I opened (about restaurants in Richmond) caused that behavior
[21:51:45] Corey: (get RAM!)
[21:52:22] Flami: (nothing to do with that... although I only had like 8 tabs open at the time)
[21:53:37] Corey: uh yeah, that has everything to do with RAM :P
[21:54:59] Corey: if you got a 512MB stick of RAM.. or better yet, a 1GB (or 2 512MB sticks) and used that instead of what you have now, I bet EVERYTHING would be quite a bit faster and things wouldn't crash nearly as much
[22:01:23] Flami: touch me, touch my skin and heart: I don't know how I'd do that, though!
[22:03:50] Corey: you said you knew someone that knew how to do it :P maybe a shop you could buy it at would do it for you too. I could do it for you in about two seconds if I was physically in reach of it :P RAM is the absolute easiest thing to install to upgrade a computer.. all you do is plug it in
[22:05:14] Corey: I'm sure you could find some articles about how to do that as well... figuring out the type of RAM you need would be the main issue. you have a Celeron, I think.. but it's a fairly fast one, so it might be new enough to use DDR... but since it's a Celeron, it also might still be PC133 SDRAM
[22:10:13] Flami: yeah, that would be one of the major sticking points :P however, the person you refer to says that I don't need any more RAM
[22:11:55] Corey: has that person taken a look at how much you have? we upgraded my mom's laptop to 1GB just recently because Windows XP was lagging and slow as hell when she did stuff with her photo organizer / album making program dealie for her business... with 512MB of RAM. you have less than half of that :P
[22:12:31] Corey: I'd say put 1GB in any Windows XP system... never less than 512


I got a message from Eric M. the other day telling me that my MSN name ("touch me, touch my skin and heart") was disgusting. Um, it wasn't as gross as what I *could* have come up with! (but I always exercise consideration for the people on my MSN list, haha) Tonight, I talked to Eric H. for a bit: he says he never got the show announcement email from Jon, which is weird since he WAS on the list! Now I'm just talking to him about the Moxie's thing... he appears to be up for it, which is good. I'll get my Moxie's experience in one way or another, darn it! :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home