Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Hylozoists ROCKED! / Fortune cookie game / Beer

Note: LJ Friends' Secret Abilities / how I met my LJ friends / LJ love life / LJ orgy blogquizzes. (by Nick, Megan, and Valerie)

Due to a miscommunication between me and my brother, we actually were behind schedule! I should have maybe gone to the ENTRANCE instead of staying on the sidewalk in front of the mall, but I have a literal mind... if you don't explicitly say something to me, I might very well not take that interpretation into account! Ah well, the only bad thing about that (aside from Jon walking all over Yaohan's parking lot) was that Jeremy had to wait 45 minutes at the Pho restaurant! Jon told me that our parents had gone to the States today: since Wednesday is their shared day off, I guess it makes sense. He also said that he won't have seen Grandma for 23 months or so when she gets back here in December / around New Year's. This was because I remarked that she would kill him if she saw him driving with no hands on the wheel, heh. As much as he's her favorite grandson next to Cousin Aaron, she wouldn't be very impressed! (he included Quan and all those other people in the show email not because he knew them very well or anything, but they might be into it if they have to study that late at UBC anyhow!)

Jon also mentioned that he'd forgotten to include Teunis on that update email... yes, the email address is what he thought it was! Then I said that I'd told him about it, and he was in unless he had to make a "quick / rapid" (NOT "graphic," as Jon thought I said!) to 100 Mile House. That reminds me, I *could* have had a free 100 Mile House T-shirt last year... darn it! We wondered whether the drive up there really WOULD be fast... by the time he'd phoned Jen to give her the EXTREMELY late notice of the show / called Jeremy to put in our orders, we figured that it wouldn't really be fast. o_O

Once we got to the Thai Spicy restaurant (the traffic circles on the way reminded me of the route to Jeremy's place), the waitress put a menu down on the table, but Jeremy told her that he'd ordered already. We had a good time discussing Fox News, Bill Clinton actually being smart, the environment, Jeremy's first batch of beer almost being extinct (he doesn't know where a half-bottle of it went), and some inside joke involving Brian / Yoshi / ordering a lot of alcohol. Jeremy noticed the fluorescent hoops inside the restaurant on the wall, and mentioned that the IOC had fined another place or made them get rid of THEIR hoops. (silly people... not all hoops / rings are advertising for 2010!) In an effort to contribute to the conversation, I mentioned that I'd seen an article about Jesus being on Myspace. Jon thought it was like an Elvis thing ("ELVIS IS STILL ALIVE!"), but changed his mind when I said that it was part of some UK church campaign to put church where the people were: online, basically. Interesting conversation!

After our meal (they got two large #12s - with flank AND brisket, not just one or the other! - and I got spring rolls), we got some orange slices and some fortune cookies! Jon found it amusing that I didn't eat mine till I found out everyone's fortune. Of course, we HAD to play the game where you added "... in bed" to the end of your fortune. We're not sure whether it originated on THE SIMPSONS or what, but it was hilarious! (if a bit disgusting) After we'd all looked at each other's fortunes, I had to keep the slips of paper! (that reminds me, I should play the same game with the fortunes from the stuff my sister gave me a couple weeks ago... all in due time!)

People find it difficult to resist your persuasive manner... in bed. (mine)
A short stranger will soon enter your life... in bed. (Jon's, and more disgusting!)
Your ability to love will help a child in need... in bed. (I think Jeremy's wins this round of the game for being the most nauseating!)


We were going to just drive to the SUB, but just managed to catch a bus going to UBC instead... I was all for saving the five-minute walk from wherever Jon would have parked! On the way to the SUB, I told Jon and Jeremy the story Sam relayed to me last year: he was at a UBC dance where someone pooped on the floor (NOT the dance floor), and then his friend ordered a mocha chocolate bubble tea later on that night! Once we got to the lounge, we looked vainly around for seats: Jon just ended up taking a barstool and a chair for us while Jeremy sat on the side of someone's couch! They had cheap beer for $3.50, but I didn't buy one since I didn't feel like standing (at that point) for long with a drink in my hand! (I have balance issues, mmkay?)

THE HYLOZOISTS SHOW ROCKED! The LOUD music was mostly instrumental, and very eclectic. They had a mini-version of the band on stage: not ten people, but only six... there was a show where Jon subbed in for someone, and at least three people had to play offstage since that stage was half the size of the lounge stage (which was small already) and a bit wider. Jon found it hilarious... no second keyboardist or second drummer for tonight's show, however! This was definitely a cool experience! Afterwards, we talked to a couple of the band members for a while (Wayne and Paul) about tour life and writing new stuff. Jon was looking for Paul (we assumed he was out smoking, as most of the band smokes), and we joked about taking all the CDs hostage as ransom if we never got to talk to him.

Jeremy noticed a poster warning against drink spiking on the bulletin board, and found it hilarious that he was reading it as a commercial FOR that! ("It only takes a moment to spike a drink! So very fast!") Hahaha. Later, we managed to grab a B-Line bus (not going in through the front door, but a side door) and left Jeremy on it while we went home / got gas / discussed birthday cards / remarked on how Dallas was so busy these days. (Jeremy's birthday - and baby Ian's - is on Sunday, and Jon should know this!) Definitely good times. :D

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home