Saturday, September 16, 2006

Melia trying to reach me and Henry / Dream: Anne of Green Gables having quads, and powerful magnets

Melia called me back this morning to say that she'd left her cell phone at home last night, and for me to call her back. I got up some time after that, and checked my messages / email: she'd emailed me Henry's phone numbers, and I saw a contact list notification for MSN. (Jon had emailed the dinner crew to say that there would be no dinner, so I replied to tell him what Karen had said about Terry and Dallas, haha) Then I called my sister to ask about that, who said that Melia had called her too and that email address WAS Melia's! So then I called Melia, who said that she'd called Henry earlier to remind him, but he was still sleeping at 10:15! (actually, so was I) Apparently, last week was the usual chaos of the first day made worse by her not knowing what the kids' names were (since I usually take care of dues and such). Maybe it'll be more relaxed this week, heh.

Then she asked me about my birthday thing: she thinks she and Phil can make it pending her class finishing at 6:30. If she can't get it sorted by tomorrow, she can always email me! She can't believe I'm going to be 30... Steph was telling them about it in Mexico (I expected that), and no one apparently believed her at first since they all thought I was like 26 or something! Before we ended the call since she had to do some Awana stuff, I said I'd call Henry again at noonish to remind him. Besides, I have to shower and stuff before I leave! (although that's not till maybe 3, if he wants to be at the church at 3:30) Am I glad that's mostly worked out... phew!


I had a weird dream in which Anne Shirley (Anne of Green Gables) was living with Gilbert Blythe. They found out she was pregnant with quadruplets, and so enlisted everyone there to help! (Marilla, old aunts, Fred and Diana, etc.) His being a doctor helped only so much, but they got through it. About a week before the babies were due, they got married in a simple ceremony: I remember living through the words in the books I was reading. ("Gilbert knew that his girlfriend wouldn't stand for not being married, and it was also what he wanted!")

The identical girl quadruplets (with red / auburn hair) were born, and named Pepper Jane / Elizabeth Shirley / Theresa / Josephine. Their names were written down in nice calligraphy on the births / deaths record book. Then the dream jumped to when they were 18, and trying to figure out the boys they wanted for themselves... they took advice from various factions, the old aunts and family friends, friends, parents, and each other.

Suddenly, the dream setting changed to an apartment building like mine. Phil, Megan, and Wayland were trying to hold a bake sale of Greek food, but someone ran away with the money... who would rip kids off?! I remember reading a stick figure comic portrayal of Wayland's life from when he was a baby to when he finally could say his older sister's name ("MEGAN! MEGAN! MEGAN!") to this bake sale incident. After that, I went out to take some trash to the garbage bin. I somehow jumped in mid-air and stayed there, and one of the other people commented on that... I was the only one affected that way! Yeah, I tried to get down from there... but every time I did, I jumped right back up again. Finally, someone discovered a powerful magnet by the recycling bin. Once that was removed, I was fine.

I went back into the apartment building to find some newspapers, junk mail, and a bag of bok choy by my door. The receipt for the vegetables said "COPIE ONE," which I thought was strange since Stuckey wasn't even in this dream / alternate reality! Then I went out again, and saw Wayland. He hugged me tightly and wouldn't let go while we caught up on each other's lives. After that, I heard Melia's message on the machine and had to go back to reality. Weird stuff... o_O

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home