Friday, September 15, 2006

No rides tonight, alternate birthday plans (sigh...)

Despite my best efforts, I didn't get a ride out tonight. I called Ivan C., Karen Choo, Billy and Stella (probably not a good idea because of Benjamin), Sam (who was at church early because of a committee meeting), Eric M. (not his fault!), and Jen / Andrea. Andrea said she could any other day, but she was leading worship and had to be there earlier... Jen mentioned that Nathan was at the church already. She did try helping by calling a bunch of people in her cell phone directory, but no go... but says she'll be going to my dinner!

Too bad I didn't really know about Eric's dinner earlier, then maybe Andrea could have given me a ride. Jon and Steph were surprised to hear about it, and reminded me that Ivan W. was still a year too young to be in Daniel Fellowship. Steph mentioned that she'd even brought part of my birthday gift tonight... eh, she'll have to wait for Sunday! Oh well... the church needs more people who live in Richmond / south Vancouver, dammit! I missed my one chance to promote the birthday dinner to Dallas and other assorted people! (there IS Sunday, but I dunno about that...)

I called Melia to get Henry's number, otherwise I won't be able to make it to Awana tomorrow... she hasn't called me back yet. Then I called Nina to see if she'd received my email: she had, and will be going to the dinner only. Guess I'll be going to that appreciation dinner (yay for food!) since I really have nothing else to do on Sunday... I'm still not sure about my mom's analogy of everyone getting together to celebrate my birthday (sort of), though! *sigh* (BLACK DAHLIA has had sucky reviews, too... oh well, I still want to see it! :P)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home