Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Live music at the SUB?

Hmm. My brother just emailed a bunch of us with details of some live band music show. Interesting, indeed... Tally, Nate, Eric M,, Eric H., Dallas, Ty, Quan, Hon, Jeremy, Justin, Tim Chan, Christon, Dennis, Joey, and I are among the people who received this email.

Hey guys:

Time requires me to be brief here, but just want to let you know that the band I used to play in (or more accurately, sub in for) in Toronto is coming to UBC tomorrow! They're known as the Hylozoists and are an eclectic instrumental band. They're worth seeing and are a massive live unit (they'll have something like 10 people onstage playing). You can check out some samples at their Myspace site.

They're playing at the Gallery Lounge, which is in the SUB. I don't know how much it's costing, but I'm on the guest list plus one, so the first person to e-mail me back saying they can make it will get in for free. They're onstage at 10 -- their show won't take any more than an hour, and there's also an opening act at 9.

Hope to see you then,
Jon


Like I said in my reply, I guess it depends on how time-intensive it is to take the bus to UBC at that time of day! I figure my brother will be out all day (as usual), so anyone wishing to go will need to do that if they don't have a car, haha.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home