Tuesday, September 26, 2006

That sounds like it should be a Pho restaurant! (ELIZA, math, and Jeremy) / Bull's Eye BBQ Sauce

Why am I up now? I was backdating certain blog entries having to do with dreams and certain hurtful incidents in my life, that's the reason. But after this entry and a community placeholder, I'll get to bed! (debating molesters, butt, sneaking up behind people, history, taking things literally, perspective, and 900 years ago with Corey is also part of the reason why I'm up now at 4 AM!)

I was reading my friends page just now, and Jasmine's entry caught my eye. She'd titled this one "SOH CAH TOA," which definitely sounds like it should be the name of a Pho restaurant! (Pho Hoa, anyone?) From the post, it appears to be something to do with trigonometry. That reminds me of A Wrinkle In Time and the smart characters Meg, Calvin, and Charles Wallace. I remember reading that for school in Grade 7, and wishing I had a Calvin of my own, hehe. ;) (who am I kidding... I still do!)

I might tell Jeremy about this "SOH CAH TOA" thing, since he'd appreciate it both on the Pho soundalike level and the math level. He was in the math club at UBC with Ricky, after all... he described this as his worlds colliding when he went to some reunion years later, and recognized Ricky from church. This reminds me of a sermon that Phil did very recently. Jeremy and I were listening to him speak when he brought up the computer program ELIZA, which reminded me of AIM bots and such. ELIZA can simulate a real person on the other end of the wire, so to speak. So I turned to Jeremy and remarked that he'd certainly know what that was! (of course, he affirmed that before we got back to the sermon and such)

Interesting stuff... I don't think SOH CAH TOA would really fly as a name for a Vietnamese place, though! R.I.P., Pho Bich Nga... we really loved that name, haha!


Bull's Eye BBQ Sauce

1/2 cup chopped onions
1 (8 oz.) can tomatoes sauce
1 CUP water (OPTION: Beer)
1 1/4 CUPS ketchup
2 Teaspoons brown sugar
2 Teaspoons prepared yellow mustard
1 Teaspoon olive oil
1 Teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
1 dash Tabasco sauce

Combine ingredients, cover, and simmer for 30 minutes. I cooked this for 45 minutes to an hour. The sauce reduced itself and tasted good. If you taste the sauce before simmering, it will not taste as good as when the flavors have melded, but after cooking, it is great... just like the "real" sauce on barbecued pork steaks. For the original, do not use beer.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home