Sunday, September 24, 2006

Thanks, Randal... you rock! (is Brian's Yancey a man?!)

Linux for human beings
Disabling the pilot version of Windows Genuine Advantage Notifications
TQC link

Eric picked me up ten minutes late, so as a consequence of my very recent urban legend reading, I decided to tell him that I was a new woman with a hairball. He looked at me and asked if I'd really said that... yes, of course I had. When I asked him what he was expecting, he said: "Anything but that... well, maybe not anything... but any other crazy rambling!" Haha, you never know what you'll get with me! We spent the rest of the ride talking about weird stuff and such... he apologized for not really knowing what I was taking Advil for: I can understand that as a guy, he doesn't "get it." There was a train or something that made the bridge traffic really slow, but we managed to get to church about ten minutes late, and quicky found seats by Anthony and others. I waved to Mike and Emily, who gave me a cute birthday card afterwards: that's so cool!

After service, I tried talking to Karen (who was focused on Adela, her mom, and Ivan) about that email. I told her that I hadn't been to Moxie's and would like to go sometime... she thought there was one in Vancouver, but someone said that there was one in Richmond somewhere. By this time, she was holding baby Benjamin (who held my finger)... I tried to convince her to go in the back to the parking lot where all the cool people were, but no dice since she didn't want to take the baby away! So she got Randal to go with me and inform Kevin of the change in plans (and ask Eric / Steph if they knew where the Richmond Moxie's was)... I appreciated that, but I don't know why I wouldn't say so to him! Maybe I'll do that when it's time to break out the eight thank-you cards this week! (I'll be doing a LOT of card-signing this week then: Citrus, both Anitas, baby Ian, Jeremy, Christon, Eric M., Citrus and Danielle, Vania / Auntie Tracy / Auntie Fonda, Vivian and Karen, Ivan and Karen, Jen, Randal, and Nathan!)

When I said that all the cool people were hanging out in the back parking lot, Karen jokingly mentioned that it couldn't be possible since she wasn't there... believe me, it can be entirely possible, haha! (also joking, or *am* I? haha) Randal and I made sure the plan change was fine with Kevin (it was), and asked Eric / Steph about the location of the Richmond Moxie's. Apparently, it's near Michael's and some hotel... that was also good enough for Andrea, whom we encountered on the way back to the front to tell Karen what we'd found out. Billy had told her where it was, so that was fine. (I later told Vivian about it, though she was really looking forward to Greek food: "as long as you're happy..." she remarked) Usually, I'm not a spoilsport or a "my way or the highway" sort of person, but that was a good thing today that I felt listened to! Then I quickly returned to the back parking lot just in time to catch the last people going to Sunday School, so I managed to give Jeremy one of the corn chocolate bars I'd been talking about at Pho Thai Son. (it's just a crispy corn outer shell thing with some sort of chocolate on the inside)

From there, it was on to "managing the toddlers." Little Rachel's grandma gave me a big Cadbury Burnt Almond premium dark chocolate bar for my birthday: she said that if she'd known about it last week, she'd have brought it then! Of course, I didn't want to broadcast it to her, but it was nice that it came from her heart! (as Auntie Tracy said) I helped little Sean with his sock, and got Luke to speak two words of English about his stickers. His big brother John showed me his big paper fish after Sunday School, and Sean's brother Ian said bye to me as per his mom Ada's instructions! (but since he was on his way up the stairs, he didn't look at me... oh well!) After talking to the teens very briefly, I went outside where Auntie Catherine was waiting.

I talked briefly to the people coming back from Sunday School, then it was off to T&T to pick up a cake, then to Green Hut for lunch with their small group. (aunties and uncles) They talked about church and Sunday School / pastoring issues. As I told Pat, I've learned to make no assumptions... so I was surprised to learn that the cake was for me! (black forest-ish, too... my favorite!) Of course, my name was spelled wrong, but there was nothing I could do about that! It was a nice lunch of Chinese food, and my family joined us for the cake. On the way home, we discussed Dylan and worship leading, tact, Vivian S.'s 21st birthday in November (I don't know why I thought it was in October), the October AGM around Halloween (Steph's glad that Vivian's back so they can snark at stuff all meeting long... I can get a pile of November birthday cards written then!), my telling Mom to "shut up" when she mentioned a certain person as her prospective son-in-law (my sister recommended "don't talk about that" instead), and the salmon run at some river upwards of us in BC somewhere. My mom wants to take me to see that... it'll be cool and everything! (although I have certain reservations about stuff, heh)

Due to her schedule and the length of the salmon run, I have to miss the AWANA conference this year since that's the last week they do that. Eh, I'll be cool as long as I email Auntie Rebecca or Melia this week! (Rebecca's under the impression that I'll go to the conference as long as I have a ride there... not sure if I prefer getting up really early and being sleep-deprived all day to spending the weekend in my mom's company!) Also, my dad somehow wants my sister to help them with DUSTING (of all things!) the week she's home recovering from her eye surgery! (eyedrops and such all the time!) Uh... dust FLIES AROUND AND GETS IN YOUR SENSITIVE EYES?! Not a good thing! *rolleyes* Mike / Emily / Chrystal's birthday card was very cute: Mike writes more than most boyfriends, and since Danielle just signs for her and Citrus, Steph jokes that she's acting like they're already married!)

Eric, Steph, and I were joking around on Friday about Auntie Christine's son Brian marrying a guy on Saturday (since I've heard of his bride Yancey's name being a guy name): "Have they met the bride - er, groom - yet? That's going to be a major surprise if their son is gay! Especially if they don't stand for gay marriage... Uncle Reuben's more square than Dad is, and I don't think Dad would like that at all if we did it!" So then I got Steph to ask about yesterday's wedding: my mom thought I was crazy! Hey, you never know... although in the Christian author's Philip Yancey's case, it IS a last name rather than a first name! Then again, I wouldn't put it past Asian parents to name their kids weird things! (I once knew this girl named MELONEY... that's terrible, as my sister said!)

Steph did tell us this hilarious story about Joe, however. When his new church (Lord's Love) hired him as their new pastor, they asked him whether his wife would be willing to help out with certain ministries. As Joe put it to the people he shared this with: "WHAT wife?!" Then they turned it around on him: "Hey, Joe... maybe God's trying to tell you something, ya think?" So I guess he regretted it since he then responded: "I don't know why I share these things with you people!" Then my mom asked me whether his sister Annie had a boy or a girl... uh, I don't know! She thinks I'm good with these things: I am, but only if I keep in touch with the people! (which I haven't since she left / moved to Calgary YEARS ago!) Then again, Joe only knew that Annie was pregnant through their mutual friends: apparently, he was at dinner with them, and they asked for his thoughts on the impending baby. He was like "Huh?!" and they told him: "... Annie's PREGNANT! Don't you KNOW?!" Evidently not, haha!

Apparently, Chung proposed to Karen while the missions trip was in Mexico in August. My sister was very surprised that I didn't know this when I called to ask her why she was congratulating his mom on something after lunch. Hey, I'm out of the loop sometimes... live with it! (they're getting married next Spring Break in March) At least I had a nice extended birthday celebration... three times for every ten years of life isn't qhite how I'd put it. (only my sister would think of these things, really...) True, I was testy with them on the way home, but I was peopled-out and wanted to get home to catch up on online and offline stuff! (which I will now do... busy weekends, I curse you! :P)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home