Monday, September 25, 2006

More birthday pictures, from Ivan and Karen / 2006 Birthday Gift List

Man, am I a ditz! I accidentally tried to upload a bunch of web images as stuff from my computer on Photobucket, and then I wondered why it came up as an "invalid file for upload" error. Maybe my sister's right, and I'm going senile. :P

Anyhow, Karen emailed me nine more birthday celebration photos... more fun for me, haha. To keep a theme going here, I decided to include the final gift list here in this post as well.

Save Darfur! (everyone at the party)

Back row: White Dude #1 (Teunis), White Dude #2 (Jeremy, in "Save Darfur" shirt), Chinese Eric.
Middle row: Danielle, Jon (looking really weird as usual), Randal (in red), Steph (in white Richmond High hoodie), Jen, Dil-Dil (Dylan), and Karen.
Front row: White Dude #3 (Eric M.), me, and Nathan. (ignore the lovely foreground of food, wrappers, and such! :P)




Opening my new personalized Thinline study Bible from Karen... Danielle appears to be looking on with anticipation!




Karen and me posing with her pink gift bag... I look reasonably okay in this picture, at least! (I love how Eric just left his jacket hanging on the chair, haha)




Posing with the book Randal got for me... you can tell that Eric's trying hard to NOT be in the picture! (I look like one of those people with that disease which ages you REALLY quickly, only this version of progeria won't age me visibly!)




Downtime after dinner and maybe the presents, too.. Jen, Danielle (who's blocking Chinese Eric's head), Eric H., Randal, Jeremy, Steph (with digicam), Jon, Teunis, Eric M., me with the puppy card, Nathan, and Dylan.




Nathan and Dylan being nuts... Eric M. seems amused, while I just hate the way I look in this picture. At least you can see Randal's envelope for his card!




Posing with the card Randal gave me... my brother is being a weirdo in the background, as usual. You can see Eric giving him a weird look, while Nathan seems oblivious...




Karen with her butterfly bag, and me with the Bible... I hate how I look like a deer caught in the headlights! (Danielle's behind me, and I'm not sure what Nathan's doing!)




Bye, Nathan... he's going to ridiculous lengths trying to avoid being in the picture with me and Karen, but it doesn't QUITE work!




Here's the gift list!

* cards from Kevin and Connie Lucas

* $50 from Auntie Eva (half of which went to paying back Steph for the grad banquet, and $2 went to paying Jeremy back for the bus fare thing on the Fringe night)

* two purplish shirts, a Kinder Surprise plush toy, a little red / white bear, Las Vegas mug, mug with "30" and a bunch of repeated adjectives on it. (witty, vibrant, beautiful, wise, charming, bold, fun, fascinating, chic, mover, shaker, confident, happy, energetic, talented, exciting, graceful, passionate, real, sophisticated, daring, eager, impulsive), two pairs of pants, Shanghai dinner, hilarious blue Engrish shirt, Chiclets gum, Halls Fruit Breezers, and green tea gelato from parents

* Pho dinner at Pho Thai Son and Granville Island Fringe Festival show (THE UNBREAKABLE POPSICLE STICK GANG) from my brother

* fortune cookies, blue snake / dragon "POISON!" shirt, plush dragon toy, and Mexican chip bag dragon art card from sister

* Salvatore Ferragamo wallet, some Hokkaido Hori Confectionery corn chocolate bars, and a Sunday lunch at the Green Hut from Auntie Catherine

* The Wish List from Dawn, plus this cute card with a red rice bowl and green chopsticks: "May your rice bowl always be full."

* Zen candle (happiness / joy / serenity / peace, plus the Chinese characters for those) from Vivian and Karen

* Country Vanilla Cream bath set of a teddy bear-shaped soap, bath salts, and moisturizing foaming milk bath (plus two bags of Doritos) from Auntie Fonda / Auntie Tracy / Vania

* dinner chipped in by both Erics, Karen Choo, Dylan, Teunis, Jen, Jon, Jeremy, Steph, Nathan, Randal, and Danielle (Nina left before we even started eating...) [I got an extra $2 out of the deal, too!]

* a $25 Chapters gift card from Eric M. (the birthday card had 30 cakes on it... "30! That is old!")

* a decorative stone and sand set from Jen

* a compact personalized Bible with case from Karen Choo... not so easy to regift, as my sister joked

* H2O Plus set of milk body wash / body lotion / shampoo / conditioner from Nina

* God's Message for Each Day: Wisdom from the Word of God from Randal

* Olde Charlie Farquharson's Testament: Perry Sound Version from Nathan (with Blessings bookstore flyers... "more than it appears," haha!)

* card from Candy (the card said: "A person should act like a mature adult by the time they reach 30... do I hear 40?" and she added a winky)

* a $30 Chapters gift card from Citrus and Danielle (their card featured a "butt feather from the bluebird of happiness," hahaha)

* a cute card from Mike T., Emily C., and Chrystal

* a big Cadbury Burnt Almond premium dark chocolate bar (43% cocoa) from little Rachel's grandma

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home