Sunday, September 24, 2006

Hanging out in PoCo... Happy Birthday, Citrus! / Boston Chicken Stuffing

Note: LJ University / LJ Insert Witty Title Here / LJ Spin the Bottle blogquizzes. (by Stephanie, Xikaze, and Nicole)

I was running late this afternoon as usual, but managed to not keep Henry waiting long... yay! He'd had a busy day, what with fixing someone's computer and doing other things. When I told him why I didn't need a ride home, he was just like "Cool!" That's what I like to hear... someone being totally laid-back about stuff like that is a refreshing change, haha. During Awana, I talked to Margaret and the guys: Amos does have nice handwriting, even if he does deny it! (I also helped him with the team achievement slips) I took a couple of extra eggroll snacks for Steph and Eric, who ended up giving them back to me by the time we reached Citrus' place. We passed Riverview (the local mental institution) / the jail, and they joked that they could just drop me off there: YOU WISH! It was a chill ride there, and we saw Citrus' parents about to go somewhere when we got to the house. Steph asked why they weren't staying (she'd been surprised to hear that Cordia would be there... "she's closer than I thought to him!"), and Citrus' mom said something about not being invited because she's over 30. That was Eric's cue to point at me and say something about my being six days over that age, so I shook my finger at him and said that he KNEW what she meant! (they re-enacted all this for people later, so I got to shake a celery stick at him instead!)

Once we got the cake settled and such, we discussed TV shows / my mom / true crime over a veggie plate. Then Karen Grace, Ryan, Eric M., Danielle, Cordia, and I decided to crowd into Citrus' room to look at Mexico pictures on his computer (with two monitors!). He's building another computer, so there were computer parts on the floor. Danielle had to stand on his bed, and once Nathan and Christon showed up, we had a hard time fitting everyone in the room! There were pictures of the family that they built a house for, a race in which both Melia and Michelle did awesome faceplants (and audio of Daniel asking Melia why she fell because that made them lose), house-building (Ryan straddling the roof), and piggyback rides! Citrus had eight DVDs to deal with, plus tons more stuff that he didn't want to look at anymore! Apparently, Daniel videotaped EVERYTHING... there was this one time that he asked everyone how the toilet was, and how washing their face was! Christon joked that Daniel filmed every step they took and every minute on the bus / at Six Flags! (he and Steph had Stony Creek T-shirts on today, and Mike had their jacket!)

We went downstairs to meet Rich and Mike, then hang out / play video games afterwards: Citrus and Danielle gave me a $30 Chapters gift card since they didn't know what sort of weird book to get me. Eric said that he'd bought me HIS Chapters gift card because he didn't really want to buy any weird murder books... hey, I get it from my mom no matter how much she tries to deny it! ("oh, it's not true murder stories!" - uh... YES, IT IS!) Danielle ordered three large pizzas, which we ate in no time. (that taco pizza went FAST!) You'd think we wouldn't be hungry because we also had five kinds of chips PLUS the veggie plate, but Nathan had to order two more large pizzas! We discussed the specifics of Steph's eye surgery, and Mike wondered why she was so excited about it / whether her flap would grow back. It probably will, heh.

After that, we watched SMALLVILLE and made fun of the acting in the show. ("Uh yeah... okay, he's dead. Let's just leave the lights off and the door open so he can just disappear!") Then after being envious over FLOAM, we watched THE INSIDE MAN: Nathan described that to Danielle as INSIDE A MAN... well, Steph's seen a few autopsies, but that's still not the title of the movie! The bank robbers were smart... they disguised one of their own and made him into a hostage! Fairly interesting, although it was time for ice cream cake when we'd finished the movie since some of us had to get home!

On the way home, Steph and Eric criticized my use of Advil: hey, I only really take it during a certain time of the month, so leave me alone! Besides, I didn't take it on the way over since I'd taken it this afternoon... and yeah, I am respecting my body by using it as directed! No addiction or not waking up for me... no overdoses, either! Then Karen Choo called my sister's phone looking for me since she'd tried me (duh, I wasn't home?!) and then my dad's place. (I HATE PEOPLE WHO DO THAT!!!! LEAVE ME ALONE!) Apparently, she wanted to talk to me about an email that I didn't even know I had... uh, yeah... give me a chance to get home and READ THE DARNED THING FIRST?! Of course, to be fair, she didn't know I hadn't read my email since 2:30 PM (and it was almost midnight)... but really! She apologized for hurting my feelings / not listening to my cues and offered to change the thing on Friday: now, that's much better since it's what I wanted! (not that I'm all about having things MY WAY, but that was really a bit much last night, and my hormones were NOT having any of it! :P) Greek food is cool and all, but sometimes there can be too much of it!

I told her to wait till I got home so I could look up stuff online, but Earls (as suggested by Randal) was fine with me. Despite what Steph and Eric said later, it wasn't the same thing as the Old Spaghetti Factory: neither is the salad! It's more general, which is cool. I was also talking to Steph and Eric (or reacting to what they said... Jon does this all the time, so it's a trait!), especially when Steph said something about throwing away her contact lenses and anything having to do with them tonight in preparation for her laser eye surgery. (I said "EWWW!" and Karen wondered whether I was talking to her... hahaha, no!) She asked if I forgave her: I can't know that until I see her email, right? After that call, Steph thought that she and Karen would get along even more than they do already: but that would be too much perkiness for some people, and even she admits it!

I got home to find that Windows Genuine Advantage had taken over my computer yet AGAIN! What the heck! Also, I found an LJ post that Danielle would appreciate: some girl who doesn't know ANYTHING about hockey is kinda looking for Habs-Canucks tickets. Uh yeah, even I know that is NOT likely to happen! Now I've seen Karen's email: let's just say that some of her points aren't meshing with MY view, but eh. I just agreed to get out of there, and then I thought about it harder when I got home, haha. (She mentioned Moxie's... I've never been there! This would be why I wanted to get home and respond when I saw the email, man! I guess I can change my mind AGAIN, haha...)

I shouldn't buy Minute Maid's Simply Orange again since I can't open those stupid green lids! (I used to be able to last year...) At least I arranged something with Eric... 9:15 it is! I hope for a quiet week coming up: Steph says Grandma changed her mind about coming back in October and wants to wait for the new year. Then again, she also wants to bring a bunch of furniture to the townhouse: NOT A GOOD IDEA, since they have like NO room for that sort of stuff! (and neither do I, since I like my space! :P)





Boston Chicken Stuffing

Categories: Copycat, Dressings, Vegetables
Yield: 8 side dishes


10 oz Can sliced carrots; undrain
4 oz Can slices mushrooms; undrain
14 oz Can chicken broth
2 Ribs celery; cut 4-5 pieces
1 tablespoon Rubbed sage
12 teaspoons Poultry seasoning
1 tablespoon Chicken bouillon powder
3 tablespoons Bottled liquid margarine or melted butter or margarine
3 English muffins; cut into 1/2" cubes with crumbs
8 oz Bag unseasoned croutons
1 tablespoon Dry parsley; minced
2 tablespoons Dry minced onion

When you open the can of carrots, run the blade of a paring knife through them right in the can so that you've reduced them to tiny bits without mashing them. Empty it into a Dutch oven. Add the mushrooms; set aside. Empty the can of broth into the blender and add the celery along with the sage, poultry seasoning, bouillon powder and margarine. Blend a few seconds on high speed, only until celery is finely minced. Meanwhile, add the English muffin cubes, (crumbs too), croutons, parsley and onion to the Dutch oven. Pour blender mixture over and stir to combine with rubber bowl scraper until completely moist. Cover with a lid and bake at 350° about 45 minutes to an hour or until piping hot. Refrigerate leftovers to use within a week. Freeze to use within 4 months.













Shamaness

You scored 46% nobility, 53% magic, 16% slavery, and 42% practicality!

Most likely you were born of the Sami people in the Arctic, and are trained in the magic arts. You might stay with your people in the far north, or choose to journey south and dispense advice to powerful men. Either way, your life will be full of magic, and most likely adventure as well. Shamanesses rarely marry, but who cares? You live a full life anyway.










My test tracked 4 variables How you compared to other people your age and gender:
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 60% on Nobility
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 46% on Magic
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 18% on Drudgery
free online datingfree online dating
You scored higher than 15% on Practicality




Link: The Which Viking Woman Are You? Test written by SnoDragon on OkCupid Free Online Dating, home of the The Dating Persona Test

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home