Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Talking to a two-year-old, Summer Conference packing list

Nina just messaged me on YM to say that she had a new webcam and wanted to try it to see if it worked. Then she went offline because she figured I was "away" since I didn't immediately respond. I don't like it when people do that, since I was multi-tasking (writing this / recording things / etc.): I know she and people in general are busy, but it usually won't kill you to wait a few minutes! :P At least I know she's home, since I've been meaning to call her anyway. I called her, and spent some of the time talking to her son (or responding to what he said), who apparently wanted to use the phone too... haha, how cute! Nina wanted to get together this weekend, but unfortunately I won't be here.. so she says she'll let me know. Sure thing!

I just called my sister to see what was up, and to ask if she'd email the Summer Conference packing list to me, since Mom didn't give me one even after she said she would. (sigh...) She said that she'd seen an article in the paper about getting $100 back for the month we didn't have any heat... I think I'll see about that and the tenant advocate later! Mom got on the phone and told me that she would have emailed me about the plans for later this week (and supposedly had Jon email me.. yeah right!), but that I just delete her email and don't read it. That's not necessarily true all the time. ;)

She mentioned having lunch on Thursday with Justin's grandma (Uncle Sam's mom) who "especially asked for me" (uh-huh)... I haven't seen her in some time since she's had cancer and has to go though some rot related to it. Apparently I'll see Auntie Eva, Uncle Anthony, Auntie Candy, Billy, Danny, and Justin's whole family at the luncheon too. The main problem is that she and Jon will pick me up at 10:40 in the courtyard (she termed that "being nice" :P)... I'm usually never up by that time! She also says they can take my luggage for the weekend... "don't give me a large bag, but a small one!" We'll see on THAT one! :P (packing... so much stress...) She's assuming I'll go to the fireworks with people tomorrow night, and then wants me to sleep over to "make sure I get up." Er, I like my sleep and privacy! Sheeeeeesh. *rolleyes*

When I finally got to talk to my sister again (Mom hijacked the phone to tell me these "important things" :P), she said that the packing list wasn't on her computer, so she had Mom email me the list. (apparently, Mom expected me to pick up a camp notice even when she said she'd give me one... how the heck does that work, again?! *is confused* ) Steph also wants me to be at the church at around 2:30 on Friday... sure, I could go with Michelle and her kids, but Mom thinks it's better if I go with "my favorite sister and my favorite father" because "my favorite mother" is going in even earlier with Clement! (those descriptions are in quotes for a reason... Mom's descriptions of the family! :P)

For future reference, I'm putting it here... they need to hire a proofreader next year, though I've corrected the errors for inclusion in this journal! (I complained to my mom and she said that I was an inspector since they'd went through it several times... uh, no... I just notice errors that almost any person worth their salt in English would! :P) I told my sister that I was doing this... new memories section for Summer Conference things, here we come!

1. Please bring your own:

* Bedding, comforter, pillow, etc.;
* Washing gears, change of clothing;
* Bible and notebook;
* Flashlight;
* "Off" spray, personal fan;

2. Please dress appropriately for Sunday service.

3. The cafeteria opens only during mealtime: fountain water will be provided, so bring your own bottled water if you prefer;

4. Tennis court is "first come, first serve," bring your own equipment;

5. Registration: July 28th, 4:30 PM to 6:30 PM at Douglas Hall (see map). Parking pass will be issued; dinner is at 7:00 PM

6. Day camp registration: July 29th at 9:30 AM at Northwest Building (see map); parking pass and meal tickets will be issued;

7. Pray for camp deficit (approx. $5,500); bring your money or chequebook for the offering;

8. Emergency contacts: Katherine, Stephanie, Rich

Camp Regulations

1. Attend all meetings and activities on time;
2. Keep campsite clean;
3. Inform committee members on all property damages;
4. No smoking, alcohol, gambling, or use of drugs allowed;
5. No exchange of rooms without prior approval from camp committee;
6. The camp is not responsible for any loss of personal property;
7. Turn off pager and cell phones during meetings;
8. notify camp committee if you have to leave early;
9. wear name tags at all times;
10. light out at 11:00 PM;
11. return all room keys at 9:45 AM on July 30th; there will be a charge of $15 for any lost keys;
12. Emergency contacts only:

VCEFC - Katherine Finnegan; Stephanie Ng; Rich Ng

RCEFC – Lawrence Lam; Henry Leung

13. The Camp reserves the right to expel violators of the above regulations.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home