Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Editing long documents is a nightmare! / Sleep training and the night person

Note: LJ Life in Another Dimension / How I'll Murder My LJ Friends / LJ Murder Meme blogquizzes. (by Tilly, D, and Ben)


Let me tell you something, kiddies: Editing two long documents (written by the same person) with numerous English errors (no "a" or "the" in 2349823 places where those words were needed, random capitalization, etc.) is NOT a fun task. I know I can get a bit too OCDL about this at times (haha), but it's part of what I do. That was a nightmare which lasted two or three hours, even if the person's first language obviously seemed not to be English! At least, I hope that was the case...

I know I should sleep earlier, at least in part to "train" for Summer Conference this weekend: I won't be able to sleep in till the afternoon there, although I theoretically would be able to stay up late if I hang out in the lounge. (I remember Ivan slept on the couch last year, and a number of people played Bum and other such card games on the same night last year!) But I'm a night person, and simply can't fall asleep early barring sickness or other unusual circumstances! (yes, I've tried!) This is what I would have explained to my mom on the weekend when she said that Jon only brought the five hours of sleep he had before church on himself. But I didn't, since she gets easily agitated, and I sure don't want the drama that would ensue! (like nasty emails and such!)


Name?
Age?
Favorite color?
Ninja name:Mint Portiya (Shadow Wolf)
Team #:11
Best Friend:Sasuke (*glares*)
Boyfriend / Girlfriend:Sakura (Tomboy, hot-headed, cute, stalker)
Village:Hidden Village of the Sand
Rank:Chuunin (Middle Rank)
% that Kakashi will be your first kiss:
37%
This Fun Quiz created by Tilly at BlogQuiz.Net
Check out Technology News updated every minute at NewsDump

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home