Saturday, July 22, 2006

Banana Leaf turning into #9, cards, castles as pasta, temper, and summer heat

Went to the mall and bought / mailed birthday cards for Chris (I should really link him to Skippy's List!) and Jamie, which I hope get there before the 29th... I included stickers, too. (good thing I found a 99ยข 2-sheet sticker thing with five different kinds of stickers!) I also put stickers on the birthday card I bought for Nina: hopefully, we can get together sometime before her birthday! (I thought of getting a farewell card for Benny, but maybe in the next couple of weeks... maybe Bathroom Readers for him, Nina, Christon, and Fidela too... all right, I need to not spend money like crazy!) Afterwards, I chilled at the bookstore and read about the murder of a mother with quadruplets.

A while later, Steph and Mom picked me up: due to a change of plans, we went to the #9 restaurant in Lansdowne instead... hey, it's less expensive than Banana Leaf! At dinner, we looked through photos and talked about various topics: Steph trying to get Vivian S. to come to church tomorrow since Viv wants to see Steph "perform" at leading worship (if she does, I'll sit with her!), the Darfur walk, the insane heat, the beach outing with the Timothy kids today, how Margaret's boyfriend Jeff thought Rich was one of the kids at Kids Night, multiple worship practices, Summer Conference (eep), the company dinner, Vanessa telling Steph about last night and how her "meticulous minute-by-minute game planning" (Karen's just like that) didn't work out since we didn't really play any games, and how Randal is Steph's favorite David Fellowship member. (what am I, chopped liver? :P)

Steph mentioned that she had a craving for stuff from Pearl Castle, which is the bubble tea place at Continental Market that she went to with me / Vivian / Terrence at the beginning of the month. Mom overheard it as "I want pasta!" and had the most horrified look on her face! (the portions at the #9 are HUGE!) After dinner, Mom kinda snapped from the heat and certain calming gestures... not much to be done about that, but at least we were taking separate cars to go in wildly different directions later!

It's so hot now that I want to just ROIMU before / after I take a shower! Then I'll see what's up with my sibs later... they apparently have to be at the church at 8:30 tomorrow for some worship leader prayer meeting thing. Who knows... I might go with them, or not. It depends, heh. Jon's also planning to do the Grouse Grind tomorrow along with who knows what else... I just want to stay here and not move!

Mom also called me a "this" during dinner: she pointed at me and said "What about this?" when they were making car plans for tomorrow morning. I was annoyed. She knows very well what that would connotate, even if her English IS mangled. You do not try to laugh such things off with me. :P

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home