Sunday, July 23, 2006

The mystery of the "missing" toilet paper is solved!

At church today, I waved hi to Danielle since she just got back from San Francisco. I also talked to Joey, Emily, Citrus, and some others outside before we went in. Talked to Christon for a bit before the service, and then talked to Helen on the way out of service. She was carrying baby Nicholas, who really gets cranky with the heat. He cries and cries when she puts him in the car, but there's nothing she can do since she has to get around somehow! Maybe we can get together again when it's a little cooler: that'll be good for baby and us! We heard that Joe was accepting a pastoral position at the Lord's Love church somewhere on Fraser in September.. that'll be good for him!

When Eric (in his TROGDOR THE BURNINATOR black T-shirt) saw me after service in the parking lot, he pretended that I was a T-ball and took a pretend swing at me. I don't look like a baseball to him, but he apparently couldn't resist... weirdo! Jeremy wondered what we were all doing around the parking lot / garbage bin when you could smell the trash from the open door in church service! Like I said to Chrystal while we were discussing the mall / air conditioning / fans, we used to congregate in the front, but now we've migrated to the back! I told Jeremy and Eric about last night's dinner: the #9 restaurant has fairly large portions, for sure! Later, Jeremy wondered how Eric and I knew about his and Jon's dinner plans with their friend Gideon: he was talking about forwarding an email to Jon in the car on Friday after Dragon Ball! (apparently, they went to Dragon Ball again yesterday after the Darfur walk)

Jeremy told us of Jon's plan for going to the fireworks: it basically involves bringing durian and seeing how large of a radius he'll have after people smell it! But it might backfire because there are also large garbage cans on the beach and people sit right by those... it's always crowded! Ben was going around inviting people for Wednesday night... I wasn't invited, but maybe I'll see what Eric's doing that night (since I know he's going) and make plans with Steph and Vivian. But then there are a lot of crowds too... we can always walk like we're homophobes and avoid Davie St. afterwards, haha! I remember last year, they picked me and Jon up at the Wonton Noodle House after Skytraining to Joyce Station for the car, leaving Jeremy with a bunch of food including duck webs and Chinese pickles.

I talked to Jen and Karen about the heat, and asked Mike when the current baptismal candidates (him / Benny / Anthony / some guy named Dennis whom I don't know) were getting baptized. It had to be fairly soon since Ben plans to leave in mid-August, and Mike confirmed that: August 13 is the date. All right, so I need to get baptism cards for three of them / a farewell card and Bathroom Reader for Ben / a "blessings" card for Joe before then! Maybe at Oakridge since I'll be near there anyhow on the 8th, and perhaps I can plan a pre-birthday get-together with Nina then too!

After Sunday School (which was moved because of ants, yuck!), I finally was able to give little Ian his stickers and birthday card. I'm not sure how much he understood of what I was saying to him about them, but at least that's less stuff to carry around! Then I talked to Adam / Andrew (Steph can't tell the twins apart either, and we don't want to ask which one we're talking to all the time!) about VBS and summer school... he's not going to Summer Conference because of the latter. He has ambition for math, science (which he's not good at), English (so much stress with provincials and assignments!), Socials (quizzes and such), and being smarter than his friends. (heh, I remember those days...) His parents always want him to study even when he's finished his homework... ah, what can you do with Asian parents? As a result, he's not on MSN much (he's always "busy")... but he does want to play games and stuff before school starts again since that's what summer is for!

Afterwards, I went upstairs where Steph was talking to Citrus / Eric / Chris / Jeremy. ("THERE you are!") We were talking about the heat (my dad doesn't handle it well at all), sweat (it's gross if you have to sweat into your backpack up the Grouse Grind!), training, lunch, hockey games (8-1 is a bad score if you're the losing team!), and general stuff. Jeremy tried to lighten his backpack load by offering me a half-bag of lime and black pepper Miss Vickie's chips: nice try, but no thanks! We also talked about showering twice a day (every 12 hours is fine in this heat!), Ryan C. (a married hottie who's two years younger than I am and an honorary Chinese since he married Hana), double standards working in my sister's favor (guys get penalized in the no-contact league and she doesn't) as far as hip checks go (Chris told Jeremy that Steph hip-checked him halfway across the sanctuary once!), a guy named Paul Henderson who's a pastor's son-in-law (he needs to tone things DOWN... and HE can jump while making a line change, not my sister!), and Grouse Grind / lunch / jamming plans.

While we were discussing whether Ryan might be gay (don't ask), Jon arrived and went downstairs to do something. He caught the tail end of my remark saying that he was MARRIED (only repeating what others had said), and said that we couldn't be too sure about all that! Haha, sure thing! Steph told Chris that we'd known Eric for about 20 years, which is longer than he's been alive! We discovered that Chris was "abandoned" and needed a ride to Commercial Station, so Eric gave him a lift. Then we imagined what my dad would be like as an old man in a wheelchair with a cane: very feisty still, and whacking people left and right. Funny visual, but it better not become reality!

The family had lunch at McDonalds, and we were all interrogated by Mom about the missing four rolls of toilet paper. She knew they were missing since she'd just opened a new 24-roll pack, so had Steph leave Jon a message on his cell. After we'd discussed Summer Conference, the fireworks, and ride arrangements (plus not agitating Mom... otherwise I'd have said something to her about people needing to fit LUGGAGE in their vehicles for Summer Conference too, and not just people in all the available seats! :P), Jon called back since he saw a missed call. Steph said he'd get a laugh from the voicemail when he finally checks it, and had Mom ask him the question. Turns out he'd taken those rolls upstairs since he didn't think there was any there, heh. We thought Mom was losing it, or she was a control freak who counts everything in the house for a household inventory! (both of which she denied) I told Jon that I'd call him at 10:15-ish (if I don't fall asleep first) after his jam session to see if he was doing anything. Mom thought I was going out late... not really!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home