Friday, June 30, 2006

Purely optional group gifts, amazing birthday memory, surprises

Karen emailed me back, calling me "Randal"... uh, sure. o_O

Hi Randal:
You're right! Of course you don't love him less. I didn't know you got him something already. I should have known. You're the one who always remembers a birthday. Quite amazing! I only offered you participation in the group gift so you could be included if you wished. Purely optional.

See you tonight! Hey, Leslie, Randal doesn't seem to know what is happening. Hee.. hee.. I've asked everyone to try to get to Milestones at or before 8 PM. I'm meeting Randal at church and I'll bring him (and Vivian) there hopefully after everyone else shows up. Then his friends can scream SURPRISE when he arrives at the table!

Isn't that great! See you tonight!

Karen


Yeah, I know it was purely optional, but I just had to tell her a sanitized version of what I thought before I went to bed! (the thought's nice, sure...) The surprise thing takes me back to 2001, when I organized a surprise birthday get-together at the Cactus Club for my sister (with Dawn as decoy). My mom almost ruined the surprise by making me tell her what was going on, and then telling Steph to bring a camera! (sister thought it was just a small dinner with Dawn, Margaret, and Karen Grace... so why bring a camera?!) When Steph and Dawn got to the restaurant, we all had hidden in a corner... her reaction to our screaming "SURPRISE!" was "I AM SO PISSED OFF!!!!"

Later that year, my sister did the same back to me, except that Cindy Yang inadvertently let it slip to me about a week before the event. There is NO WAY that I can manufacture surprise, heh. Sister thought she'd convinced me that the email about the Greek restaurant (Felico's) was nothing since she didn't know certain people's email addresses! Then I found out that she'd gotten everyone's email addresses from the "mass party email invites" that I used to send out on a regular basis. My reaction to people yelling "SURPRISE!" was "HA! I KNEW IT!" (gee, I wonder why Cindy didn't show up to church or the party that day? haha)

I'm not saying Randal will react like me and my sister, since our family seems to not like those kind of surprises very much... I don't think I'll do something like that to my brother for HIS birthday, haha. Oh, and they'd better not try something like that this year for MINE either... or I'll kill them!


Eric buzzed me to wonder about my alternative plans for getting to Fellowship tonight since it's a group outing. My response: "Milestones, baby!" to which he said "that's a destination, not a mode of transportation!" Hahaha.. stop being OCDL / exact like me! :P So then I told him that I'd probably take the very short bus ride over... "Oh, Richmond MS. You should just walk..." Haha, I could do that too... no excuses like I always give him! No darkness, no TOO-hot weather (though I may revise my opinion on that later), no cold weather, no huge distances, no rain, etc.

I should tell Corey that while 8 hours IS a full night's sleep, there ARE people who need more than that... particularly if they were woken up by something and feel sleep-deprived all day because of it. Probably later then... ;)

I think I'll make progress in other people's dungeons today / tomorrow, as well. I'll call Jon tomorrow and see what he's doing, if he's not at the jazz festival with Jeremy all day! :D


The Ultimate What's Your Perfect Prom Dress Quiz

Retro!

Most likely something short that suits your fun, fashionable self!

Personality Test Results

Click Here to Take This Quiz
Brought to you by YouThink.com quizzes and personality tests.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home