Thursday, June 29, 2006

Addictive word searches and Pink Floyd as "mesmerizing cult music"

It's good that Eric had a half-day of work, even if he has to work on the weekend! He got to my house by 6:20, and we spent some time discussing Jon and the bubble tea hangout on Monday. Yeah, he called both the other Eric and Nathan to see what time it would be, haha. He said it was good seeing Jeremy and the others play Big Two, although he thought for a moment there that Jeremy would have "home-deck advantage" (kinda like home-ice advantage in hockey), since he won like the first three or four games. I showed him a weird LJ Dungeon RPG thing, and we looked up various movies on IMDB and in the paper: DA VINCI CODE, OVER THE HEDGE, NACHO LIBRE, THE OMEN, SUPERMAN RETURNS, etc. When Fay gets back, he's going to get a "nice" kind of revenge on her if she makes him feel bad: he'll say that he's sorry, then offer to take her to a nice romantic movie! Little will she know that it'll actually be a horror movie: how much closer can you get to someone than by watching their blood and guts spill out of them? Haha, just joking! (then I think that Fay will kill him, but that's another matter!)

He brought up various restaurant suggestions, but I wasn't up for White Spot / Chinese food / pizza / other things since I'd had them all recently! Then I said that we could go to a restaurant near her place called the MAD GREEK: it was nice to walk there in the good weather we're having. He sees all these people in his neighborhood who take walks at like 9 or 9:30, and that's the nice part about summer! We talked about the World Cup since I was wearing some yellow England World Cup 2006 shirt Mom got me on the Caribbean cruise: his girl likes David Beckham and Michael Owen (he's Canadian, but plays there since Canada's soccer program sucks :P) because they're good-looking. Here he thought it was based on their soccer skills... sigh.

At the restaurant, we had bread / mussels / lamb souvlaki: the tomato sauce for the mussels reminded Eric of those giant restaurant-sized cans of Campbell's Soup! We talked about Fay's sister and the rude way her boyfriend treats her, the CityTV Taste of the City in late July 2006, relationships, parental assumptions, his wanting to go to a temple in China and seek good luck for his job (his mom thought he wanted to ask about Fay... NO, MOM!), how not everything in his life revolved around Fay, MSN, Summer Conference, etc. Then he wondered whether my TV still worked: I said I'd told him before that I'd fixed it, but he didn't remember. So we tested it out when we got back to the house: it was cool to see SOME color among the green and white on the screen! :P

He wondered if Jon had hinted about a girlfriend, and then I told me that if he HAD, Mom would be all over it just like she was when she saw Jon offering Connie his jacket since she was cold one day! That led to more discussion about how when parents were on a roll, you couldn't stop them. You could say ANYTHING to them and they won't really let you get a word in edgewise! Maybe we can ask Nathan about it later on, since he would know. It was a good dinner, of course! We also discussed Jasmine and that guy Dave breaking up: of course it's not going to work out if you want to do things with other girls! :P

Now we're back here and he wants to play cards / do some of my addictive word searches in this huge book I have (he wants to finish the WHOLE BOOK!)... if you can't finish them, it makes you feel intellectually stupid! He'll wait for his mind to inspire him before he signs my blue guestbook, heh. I was amused when he described some Pink Floyd DARK SIDE OF THE MOON song as being "mesmerizing, like cult music... they could HYPNOTIZE people with that stuff, man!" That reminds me of Jonestown (transcript / audio tape / more transcripts / Wikipedia article), actually. (but then, he initially thought that the band screwed up, haha!) Contrary to what I thought, he HAS had Ben and Jerry's before: just not Half-Baked, Tortoise Soup, and Chocolate Fudge Brownie! ;) He'll send me a timed "jumping frog game" that his girl sent me later on, too.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home