Friday, June 30, 2006

Dreams: Illegal things in the winter, and stealing shish kabobs at conferences

I dreamed that I was part of a family that did certain things which were deemed illegal by the place we lived in at the time of the dream, although they were perfectly legal "back home" a few cities overland. It was winter, and we were doing our thing when one of us noticed a bright purple police truck in the distance. We all hurried to finish, knowing that we were very clearly out in the open because of the bright winter skyline. As it happened, we were back in town before the police were, and then faked not understanding English to the policeman when he asked us what we were doing in our winter coats out there in the snow. That somehow let us get away with it... go figure!

Then I had another dream that I was at a conference with a bunch of people. We were lining up to get our food at breakfast in this LONG lineup, and I wanted to sit with someone who was just as OCDL as I was. For some reason, I became separated from the rest of the group, and noticed everyone else sitting down / getting food when I got my bearings. There was some girl in a wheelchair whom nobody paid much attention to: she was off to the side in her own little space. The cafeteria chairs were like the plastic ones in grade school, not your regular chairs. I noticed chocolate milk, regular milk, cereal, orange / apple juices, utensils, napkins, and other such stuff around. Finally, I stole a shish kabob to eat while I asked various people where my group was. I woke up when I was on the verge of finding my group....


No, I have not been listening to the Dead Kennedys' Police Truck lately. Neither have I been thinking of my ex-friend Shannon N., who's in a wheelchair... and I've certainly not been thinking about breaking the law! I know the shish kabob image came from last night, since both Eric H. and I had one for dinner yesterday at the Mad Greek. Maybe it's Summer Conference stuff, and how I'm not sure that things will go okay for me... guess we'll see on that one!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home