Tuesday, May 30, 2006

More family drama

I just called my mom to make sure I had accurate facts for an online survey I plan to post later. Neither of my siblings had real opposite-sex alternatives for their names, but they did have other same-sex alternatives! My name could be used for both boys and girls, so my parents went with it since they liked it so much. Jon might have been named Christopher, and Steph could have been named Bernice (my mom apparently had a nice co-worker by that name), which might have caused confusion later in life with her friend Bernice Gan!

She told me that Grandma had come home yesterday to find a pair of shoes, but she found it rude that my cousin Aaron and Joyce wouldn't come in. Mom has no idea why her brother Michael would listen to his kids instead of her, but I'm sure that people give more weight to others' opinions if they see / communicate with them frequently! Ah, family drama... Mom also seems to think that she needs my support because they might be cold to us at the wedding. She also thought about not going to the wedding (my dad didn't take off work for the ceremony, according to my sister... this was spun by Mom as "the church needs him!"), but it's a little late for that. :P

Then she told me about a mixup concerning Jon's grad tickets, which means that they'll be leaving sooner than they thought. New dates: June 8-19... a Wednesday to two Mondays ahead. Apparently, everyone thought he was graduating with a Master of Music... since Steph was looking it up online, she found he was graduating with a Master of Arts instead next Friday! That caused my mom to email my brother after she got all the flights changed and such to next Wednesday: she wasn't impressed with the $200 penalty, and told him that it was NOT money well spent; in fact, it was wasted! Jon won't be coming home with them since he still has that wedding to play for. Fine with me, since I wouldn't tell him to not play at the wedding! (Mom wouldn't either) She wants me to email / call Jeremy to make sure that he brings Jon's empty suitcase with him... eh, maybe I'll do that later or tell him on Friday for Sunday, haha.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home