Sunday, May 28, 2006

Goodbye, Janis and Irene...

OMG... my dad has a wireless keyboard and mouse setup! This is cool although it took me a few minutes to figure out how to view the cursor, haha. (press a key on the keyboard... or maybe I'm just blind)

Church today was all right... certain people were 15 minutes LATE picking me up when they specially requested me to be 10 minutes early, but whatever. I talked to Chrystal, Christon, and a couple of others before finding a seat in service. I was so tired, but that's what happens when you're a night person and sometimes don't sleep well anyway... at least the caffeine hit me mid-service! There was an announcement about a cooking competition on Nathan's birthday: I turned to Jeremy (who'd sat down beside me) and told him that it would be his thing: he agreed! After service, I talked to Jeremy and Eric briefly before going downstairs to put my stuff away. Then I went outside to talk to more people. Jeremy stayed a while to talk to us before going into work: my mom thinks I'm interested in him, but I think she's just projecting. (she also thinks Alan and Tracy have broken up since Tracy's going to China with her family, but they left together on Friday... weird moms! :P) Karen was showing us pictures from Friday night: I ought to get her to email them to me before Ivan removes them all from the camera, heh.

Michelle was telling Steph and others about a Mexico group meeting on Saturday night at 7: Steph thought she'd be able to make it, but I reminded her about our cousin's wedding and banquet. Then she proceeded to make Michelle deaf by screaming: "OH YEAH! I CAN'T MAKE IT!" (she later tells me she makes Michelle deaf at least twice a week, heh) I talked to Eric for a bit, and told him not to give my bowl back this weekend... the next one should do because there's the wedding and the church special AGM this weekend! (I should bring all my summer birthday cards to write, haha... or at least June and July)

Toddler Sunday School was all right: Sean tugged on my sleeve once because his sock was loose, and Wilson took off his socks entirely! It was Irene's last day with us since she's going to Hong Kong very soon: I talked a bit to her dad, who says that they're living near Kowloon Bay. That doesn't mean much to me, but at least they have somewhere to live. Fonda, Cynthia, Tracy, and I all got hugs from Irene and posed for a picture with her. (they're all aunties, but I don't feel like writing "Auntie" three times :P) I also stowed Evelyn's homework in my knapsack for next week once I figured that she and her family had gone already: it's so crowded in that area by the baby / toddler rooms, especially since it's also the way into the kitchen!

I talked to Isabel, her brother Darren, Sam, Jeremy, Mike, Margaret, and others for a while after that. No, I wasn't seeing the X-Men movie with them... I was just waiting around for my own parents! Mike and Ivan got these Quiksilver shirts from J-Mak since he just got back from China. Steph was discussing my brother's absent-mindedness with Mike's dad: apparently Jon got the wrong grad tickets for Mom and Dad... I'm sure they don't want to see a ceremony he's not involved in! She later told me that she'd told Vivian about some blog post I made concerning our family and how we're all just inner perverts... I don't think Viv was too impressed, but maybe we'll have to train her. No, that doesn't mean what you think it does... it just means that she'll have to get used to it! (Steph says Viv's sister Jessica is in Gr. 11 and is the typical teen, heh... her brother Nathan is older than she is, though!)


Later, my family and I went for lunch at this Vietnamese place: they had an advertisement for "rich and creamy durian ice cream," which made me think of Jon and Jeremy since they would go for that! (it also made me remember the time we went to the gelato place after Sean's New York farewell at Earl's last summer, haha... violent rejection analogies rule, heh) I read the newspaper there, and apparently there's been another quake in Indonesia's Java region. How sad... the tsunami wasn't that long ago comparatively! Steph showed me her pictures of the Giants at the airport yesterday, and also showed me her new phone wallpaper of Dianne: very amusing! (she also says that our "cousin" Anna will be in town... she wondered why until I had to remind her AGAIN about the wedding! :P) Then I tried on some outfits for the wedding at the townhouse (green is what will do for me unless it's very hot on Saturday), and I'm still here for an undetermined length of time. I looked at the Summer Conference list (where Jeremy's last name somehow gained an extra "T" :P), and noted that it was all the younger crowd going among my congregation... nobody my age and who I'd consider a good friend is going! That really does make me want to change my mind, but I guess I'm in it now come hell or high water. =/

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home