Monday, May 29, 2006

Nothing is really private, is it? / Smileys

I thought I'd made a decision for good, but looking at a certain message, I'm not so sure anymore. Am I supposed to feel bad that someone figured out what the post was about? I have no idea... it's not like I haven't been venting here and elsewhere for the past week! I did think of asking them what it was about, but that was after I decided to take a break. Maybe it'll need to be extended. *sigh*

If anyone out there knows of any quirky message boards, I'll be glad to hear any suggestions. :D (who knows... maybe it's time to check out the Zenhex Forums more)


Hey, here's a cool list of smileys! I may snag a bunch for Photobucket. :D


So again: DOWN WITH THE ESTABLISHMENT!

Content of her PM for reference:

I am sorry you got so upset with us putting the word in the filter, but we did try to gently tell you that we really didn't like the turn of phrase and you basically told us to shove it because you did like it...... so, we did what management does in these push me push you situations and we pulled rank.
It wasn't nice, but your attitude about our feelings wasn't very nice either.

I'm glad you decided to stay, and I really am sorry it upset you. I wish we could have resolved it without getting either of us upset.

You know, you can always vent to me in a PM. You are allowed to disagree with Steve and I, just not openly on the board if you intend to be rude, you have to save rude for PM's You could have said how angry you were in a PM though. I would have understood your being upset about it. I would have also explained our position a bit more if you had come to us and asked about it.


It's not "You are allowed to disagree with Steve and I" anyhow... it's "You are allowed to disagree with Steve and me"! (I don't think "Steve and myself" sounds good in that context :P) Yeah, yeah... leave it to me to be picky about the grammar of such a conciliatory-sounding message! The sign of a true grammar whore, methinks....

Half of me is sure that she's just saying that because she's the admin and wants everything to be hunky-dory. The other half of me is sure that she means what she says there... eh, me dunno. I'll eventually work on formulating a reply later when I figure it out, heh. I thought I was doing a good job of not being rude, and instead disappearing for a time to think about things. Then again, I can't control other people's reactions to this! Maybe I'm still in trouble? Eep, I hope not!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home