Sunday, May 21, 2006

I know an opportunity to go home early when I see one!

Note: LJ Dr. Who characters / LJ reality series / LJ Roman Gods / LJ paranoia blogquizzes. (by Sonya, Hanz, Tori, and enigma_prime)


My mom made me hold a vase of flowers with water on the way to church: it's too bad I didn't have a lot of stuff in my backpack, har har. At least I was able to just plunk it down on the table when we got there before I got my English bulletin (Julie gave me a Chinese one!) and sat with Jeremy and his parents, who were visiting again. They were discussing Chinese characters in the hymnbook, and I had to tell Jeremy that I didn't know what order the characters were in general since they were trying to figure out which characters stood for particular English words. Steph wouldn't really know, and Jon definitely wouldn't!

After service, we all congregated in the back parking lot and discussed Summer Conference. (Jeremy's mom went through next door's backyard trying to find us!) I told a bunch of people (including Andrea) that I still wasn't sure if I were going yet. Eric thought that I'd be counting on my "in" with my sister, who's one of the organizers... maybe, but I won't be abusing the privilege to see if there's any space on July 27 right before the conference starts! Jeremy gave his cheque to Steph, and then wondered where Nathan and everyone else was: the last time his parents came (Easter), it was packed, so we figured that maybe there was a conference we didn't know about!

A bunch of us girls were trying to get baby Joshua to clap: he did, so we all clapped encouragingly. He was attracted to Karen Chan's necklace, didn't want Danielle to carry him, and eats more than his three-year-old cousin! (according to his mom Maxine) Danielle believed he must be thinking that we all were crazy! (Sheena, Chalaine, Danielle, Cindy, Karen, me, and others were all standing in a circle around Maxine to get him to clap!)

I talked to Eric and Jeremy for a while as Phil's parents talked to Jeremy's parents about stuff, until Eric wondered whether I shouldn't be supervising the toddlers. They were going to Sunday School anyhow... Benny left in his car before they all went there. Sunday School with the toddlers went as usual: next week will be little Irene's last week with us before her family goes back to Hong Kong! She provides a lot of energy, so I think we'll miss her in the coming weeks.

After Sunday School, I gave David a pack of peppermint Excel gum while talking to a few of the little kids. I went outside, where Dylan gave me one of Vivian's intense coffee candies: it had a liquid centre, so was definitely caffeine-filled! Danielle and I commiserated about not being morning people, running errands, and sleep. We talked to Jen for a bit, and I was surprised when Eric came up to me and asked what I was doing for lunch. I knew an opportunity to go home early and work more on stuff when I saw it, so I told him to hang on while I asked my parents what they were doing. Since I didn't know when they'd be finished with registration and money matters, I opted to go home early. Eric thought that I wasn't going to have lunch with my grandma because they were going to Louis Garden again: hey, I was there for two weeks of the past three, with the only break being last week's Koinonia lunch!

On the way to the car, we spotted a bus stop sign with a bunch of wires on it. Eric decided to quiz me on them: I don't know about that stuff! He said that one was a USB port and one might be for an iPod.. yup, that's so not my milieu! In the car, he asked whether I'd admitted myself to Riverview yet since I'd told him on Wednesday or Friday that I was going crazy: uh, there's no reason for me to do such a thing! When I said "Oh, really?" in response to something else (The Wonder Years?), he responded that he needed a sign for whenever I said that! He also didn't know why Chuck Norris was so popular on the Internet nowadays when he hasn't been in any movies since the Net went mainstream: I don't know about that, either!

I told him about JT's Blocks, and also about the Bookworm meaning of the word "ell." ("Isn't cloth measured in standard units?!") Then we discussed the Mario Bros. and the various weird games Nathan had on his computer. Eric asked me what the three forms of satire were: he knew two were sarcasm and irony, but forgot the other one. I looked it up when I got home: according to this site on the three forms of satire, they're really monologue / parody / narrative. (but according to this Wordpress archive, they're sarcasm / irony / parody... eh, whatever!) He saw 20-25 apples and 15-20 oranges on the other side of the road while we were on the bridge: maybe that WAS a food truck accident! It was an interesting ride home, and I got home before 1:40! (I just gained a couple of hours to work, haha!)

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home