Thursday, May 18, 2006

Heat Turned Off / Phil's Blog / Jerker / Blogquizzes

In other news, I now know why this apartment's been very cold for the past few weeks. It seems that someone here has still been fighting the management in the media over the evictions. I read in the newspaper yesterday that the management decided to respond by turning off the heat to the building that the person lives in, plus at least one other building. I thought that one of the buildings was mine, but didn't have any firm evidence. When I got home tonight, I found this note:

"All tenants who would like to join the group for arbitration for Loss of Service (no heat for 4 weeks) and compensation, please get in touch with Laura at 271-6267. Arbitration fee: $25. Mr. George Metrakos will be representing the tenants free of charge. Deadline is Friday."

Hmm... should I get in on this? The heat seems to be back on for now, but it was certainly very cold before! That explains my cold hands and such, which I was complaining about!

Phil emailed me and my sister a link to his blog: Theological Toddler. Super stuff, since he was telling us last night how he'd put pictures of himself and cows there once he gets to Texas. (no gun racks on cars and stuff, since they do have the right to bear arms down there! o_O)

Someone linked me to another addicting game: JT's Blocks. This will probably be another time-suck on the Internet, but what else is new?

His stats:
All-Time High Score: 46225
Average Score: 14292.421
Total Games Played: 2898


I looked up the Swedish boy name "Jerker" for Dawn on Behind the Name: apparently, both "Jerk" and "Jerker" are Old Swedish variants of Erik, which is a cognate of Eric. Sweet... I'll have to tell her that sometime, then! :)


Note: The filthiest LJ quiz / Taking my LJ friends clubbing / LJ friends getting eliminated in MXC / Your damned LJ future blogquizzes. (by Anya, Miia, and Kimberly)


Name
Age
HouseSlytherin
Who you will dateTom Riddle
JobFilch Jr
Random Something =)You got expelled from Hogwarts because you hooked up with one of your teachers
Life lesson that you learned:Don't lick a Blast-Ended Skrewt
This Fun Quiz created by hala at BlogQuiz.Net
Leo Horoscope at DailyHoroscopes.Biz

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home