Sunday, May 14, 2006

"I don't want to know if my sister's going through puberty!"

Gave the Outlander book to my mom today for her birthday / Mother's Day. She had questions about it, but I told her to just read the book since I didn't want to spoil it for her! When I saw Cindy today, I gave her the May 5 newspaper and asked her what she needed it for. Turns out she's doing a project for baby Megan since her birthday was on that day... she couldn't find anything interesting in a skim of the papers, but maybe she will later! Dianne told me that it was a long story which she didn't remember, so I'm glad I asked Cindy. Cindy's trip to Australia was pretty good, but looking after her cousins 24/7 was tiring also!

Waved at Vivian and Karen, who are back from France: it's good to have them home. I talked to Jen briefly, and gave Lee his birthday card a week early. Talked to Helen and baby Nicholas for a bit, then Margaret L. asked me where Steph was: at the retreat thing this weekend!

At the Koinonia luncheon, I sat with a bunch of the teens: Mike K., Joey and his sister Emily, Julie and her sister Elaine, Winnie, Sarah and her sister Mary. Sam, Darren, and Isabel came by to give Joey his birthday card: they wanted it back so they could fill all the white space up! Joey's reaction to the "Fisherman" card: "This is NOT helping me with being 18, guys!" When Mike's sister Margaret came by, Joey asked Mike a question that had to do with whether she'd gone through puberty yet. Mike didn't want to know that stuff, and instead asked the girls at the table since they would know the signs. Someone mentioned mood swings, and he said that the only mood he got was "Shut up!" Then he told Joey to stop looking at his sister, since he was older than she was.

Emily said the age gap was only three years or so, and then set off Mike's "TMI" meter by imagining out loud how it would be if they snuggled in front of him, haha! (I thought of asking him to imagine what their kids would look like, but didn't want to scar him!) Mike then told Joey that the puberty question was like him asking his mom whether she'd gone through menopause yet. "Yeah, that's a good question for today... I'll ask my mom whether she can have more babies, since I'm not sure whether Emily's my sister or brother!" Hahaha... always good times. :D

Little Eric came by and bugged Mike for a bit, so we told him to go eat more food. Mike was like, "Eat food! Just don't put your underwear on your head!" (Eric told us that he had a real gun... oh my!) We discussed Rosanna and Samantha for a bit, and saw one of the other girl kids coloring her Awana purse with a crayon. I asked Mike how his first Awana outing had been yesterday: it's true that it's mostly for the kids. For us, it's like "Yay... the park again... whee..." heh. I told him about the time we'd gone there on an outing a few years ago, and had seen this man-woman in a gathering of gay people! They had rainbow flags and were encouraging him to dance around... we didn't want the kids to be corrupted before we built a foundation first, so we kept them away from that area until they left! (I could also have told him about Zoe's mom referring to "dog shit in the grass" in front of the kids later that day, but didn't... this was church, after all!)

Before we left, Mike made his mandarin orange fit into a Styrofoam cup. Then he stuck a fork through it, and added a few more orange skins. I told him to take a picture before it got consigned to the garbage can, and Emily told him to submit it to some website, haha! Joey wanted to make his sister look like a pig, so dumped his chicken drumsticks on her plate. (veggies with rice, a chicken drumstick, tea, juice, and homemade banana bread!) Good times, indeed. :D

Time for a nap, since I got up at 6:30 originally...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home