Thursday, May 18, 2006

See ya later, Phil... good times at Citrus' place!

I stupidly forgot my bus pass when I went out today, but there was a kind lady at the bus stop who gave me $2.25 when I asked her for $5 in change. When I transferred buses, I was scared that I'd gotten on the wrong one, but it turned out to be the one I needed. I got to the high school just in time for Eric to pull in and pick me up. We discussed traffic and answering his phone when Steph and Jeremy called separately. (I tried answering it when it rang, but all I seemingly managed to do was adjust the ringer volume... sigh)

We picked up Christon, Steph, and Jeremy... we had good timing when we went to get Jeremy because his West Coast Express train pulled in just as we got to that parking lot. Then we discussed a lot of Daniel Fellowship affairs, and how Jack Bauer of 24 was the object of Internet one-liners like Chuck Norris is now. No idea how that started, but it's interesting to note as a phenomenon.

We also talked about how our moms wanted to take the cheap / free buses (New Year's Eve / Day, or the West Coast Express) randomly around town just because of the price. ("Oh, let's just get on the bus and go somewhere because it's free!") My dad doesn't like the idea of going on the whole route of the West Coast Express just because... Jeremy says that there's a cheap tour bus thing set up in Kelowna that tells you about the stops. Heh, that could work for our moms!

When we got to Citrus' place, we quickly settled in to watch everyone play SUPER MARIO STRIKERS. Phil, Danielle, Citrus, his sister Cordia, Nathan, and Ricky were there already... Joe, Benny, and Anthony arrived later on. We had lots of snack food and homemade shepherd's pie to eat. The aforementioned game is pretty violent for a soccer game: turtle shells and banana peels thrown onto the field when you hit someone who doesn't have the ball, random appearances of Bowser, characters screaming when you push them into an invisible electric fence, etc. I decided not to play, since I'm not that good at those type of games. But it was sure fun to watch!

Steph invited me to go play mini-golf with her and Vivian on Monday, but I declined since I'm not good at that. Turns out the parents might not be going away since Grandma could be heading to the cousins' house: no need to escape! At one point, there were three game systems on the three TVs they had downstairs! Cordia, Joe, and Jeremy played KATAMARI DAMACY: it seemed quite amusingly interesting since all you do is roll around and pick up random objects! (cans, children, dogs, signs, cows, vegetables, etc.) I declined to play that one too, since I like watching others... and that one was too hilarious!

We joked around about Texas-sized portions and the heat there (40 degrees C already?!), PoCo, and Erin's embarrassing stories.. that girl has 'em from conception, what with chocolate and cheap parents! Phil's leaving on Saturday, so won't be able to do an SLB meal with us Richmondites.. too bad! Nathan and Jeremy were both Googling their names out of boredom on separate days and found my blog! I apologized out of habit, but Nathan said he was quite happy. Jeremy didn't mind either, so all's cool. He says he's starting a new programming / quality assurance job in Burnaby pretty soon: it's more in line with what he wants to do, even if he doesn't have a break from the Yaletown furniture / warehouse job!

Christon, Benny, and Danielle talked more about Daniel Fellowship affairs. Somehow, they got onto the topic of age: being relatively new, I guess Benny doesn't really know how old we all are. He thought Danielle was 23 and that I was 24, when I dared him to guess my age! Then again, he also learned that Steph and I are sisters... yes, flatter us first by guessing a reasonable low number!

After the games, it was time to watch SIN CITY. The Richmond Crew watched the very beginning of it, then it was time to head home since it was a long drive. Eric thought that my mom should watch it since she now wants Jack Bauer to kill people ("Stab him! Yes!")... then again, he also thinks that Riverview (the local mental institution, where Erin's mom works) is my future home. I don't think so, buddy! (I just laugh at random things and make various immature jokes about poop! In more somber discussion, we also talked about that suspicious fire that killed a mom and four kids, including most of the Etibako family. That's terrible! The pastor for the past weekend's conference (Sam Owusu) was quoted in the paper too!

I got home to find two messages on my screen. Corey had messaged me just after I left to say: "That's a lot of seaweed." Oh good, it got there! Dawn said, "Hey, you are the name expert. Any idea what the Swedish boy name "Jerker" means by any chance? Everyone here [in Beijing] is saying it's just a name with no meaning, but I think all names have some meaning or stem from somewhere... let me know!" No idea on that one, as I'm so not a name expert... maybe I'll have to consult Behind The Name!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home