Monday, May 15, 2006

Phil going to Texas, Mom's romance delusions, hilarity

My mom's birthday / Mother's Day dinner at Hon's went all right... my sister got her flowers as well as a card. Steph told me that Phil's going away to Texas for his internship: he's leaving on Saturday, and is probably coming back in early September. Apparently, there's a going-away party this Wednesday at Citrus' place... Phil said he'd email me about it, but hasn't yet. Eric's picking her up at New Westminster Skytrain station after work, so she'll forward me the details after she makes arrangements with him tonight. I'll have to take the 410 to 22nd St. Skytrain station (which takes an hour, judging from the last time I took it somewhere to meet a certain someone!) and take the Skytrain to New Westminster, probably... hopefully, I won't accidentally take the wrong train that goes in the wrong direction!

My mom's under the impression that I know Jeremy better than she does (perhaps true) because I was sitting with him and his parents on Easter Sunday. While I was sitting with them, it doesn't automatically mean I know him better, or that I like him! Sheesh. At any rate, she wants some suitcase of Jon's back from him... later, maybe. She also thinks that Eric and I can have a romantic evening watching 24 with them. Even if I were so inclined that way, I don't think watching TV with my family would be very romantic! "I'm just looking out for you and seeing who you like!" = NOSY!!!!

Oh, and here is one for my blog. (according to my sister... we think alike!) We were discussing carrots since they came with one of the dishes, and my sister mentioned that Mom and Dad had almost turned me orange as a baby since they fed me so many carrots. Mom heard this and said, "We turned her on?! What?" My sister and I just looked at each other, gave each other a LOOK, and laughed. I asked her whether she'd told Dad about what Mom asked me the other night about whether I was doing certain things while on the phone with her: yes, and that got an eyeroll too! Honestly... that's just wrong! You don't turn babies on! Aiyoh!

We discussed Jon moving in with Fred and some East Indian girl (they didn't know about the girl till they pried), some of Steph's friends (including Gilbert), Vivian and pork / being kosher (you can't have meat and dairy in the same meal for some reason), the "in bed" game with fortune cookies (her fortune was very hilarious!), and other topics. Jon sent Mom pictures of all his individual suitcases instead of them all together like she wanted. Maybe she didn't specify...

Got home to find several OK Cupid IM attempts from some guy named SUPER07, and he's just IM'ed me again. I looked at his profile, and wonder just what he finds so interesting about me. Weird stuff...

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home