Sunday, June 12, 2011

Erin, Ben, Ketchikan keychains, Andrea, Cory, bugs, cards, and Chinese Eric

When Eric picked me up, I explained that I had to change shirts because it felt like an AC/DC kind of morning - I'm sure there's a devil on it, but I care not! We talked about Dave Wong, bullshit, signs, Colorado, venting, robots, Chinese Eric, men, the ACTUAL percentage of people interested in hockey (I KNEW IT WAS 65-70%!!!), grace in friendship, worship practice, being "late," emails, complicated stuff, being on the verge of telling people to get over some things, and more on the way to church. When we got there, I talked to Nina / Emily / Gerard about hockey / the TruthScripts (they'd beaten Mike K. to it!) / other things while trying hard NOT to look behind them since Mr. Creep was there! I got back to my seat and talked to Nathan W. briefly about his cold and morning ritual of coughing and sneezing - doesn't sound like fun! Said hi to Jeremy (while noticing Randal was in the other section of pews - also noticed Connie, Connor, Megan, and Winnie) and wondered what he was doing for the game tomorrow: homemade food sounds good, especially if he has the day off anyhow!

After service, I asked Eric what he was doing tomorrow - he's been invited to another party at Alistair's, so BOO to that! I let Jeremy know about that before leaving and saying hi to Grandma, who doesn't remember that I was indeed at lunch last week! I saw ERIN AND BEN in the fellowship hall (as well as her cousin Jason), so of COURSE had to talk to them! (Mexico, community centres, leaving on Saturday, and more) Of course, I spent time with the little kids and babies: Stanley was right when he said that the cool kids hung out at the bench, haha! Mattias tried getting his little brother Marcus to not put his hands in his mouth, even when Karen I. said that it was okay! Nicholas, Connor, and another kid were checking out the bugs on the concrete bench outside; Megan came over later to do the same thing, but had a bigger one. Cameron tripped while running, so cried for a bit. Cory just ran around with the rest of them, haha.

I talked to Chrystal, who said that they'd missed me yesterday; no doubt, but Henry couldn't make it, and the week before had been the hockey game! She's up for meeting next week, so we'll figure something out! Auntie May gave me a Ketchikan keychain because I liked reading - that was thoughtful, so I thanked her later. Andrea gave me a wedding thank-you card; of course we hugged goodbye! Finally saw Jon and Harmony (my parents had been looking for them earlier), so I at least got Jon to sign the cards while he was talking to Christon about Cindy's situation. By the time Sunday School started, the "different" woman Teresa asked us where she should sit - anywhere, we told her! I went upstairs to Toddler Sunday School after saying hi to Victor - Joyce, Cordia, Quan, and someone else waved to me, haha. Saw Jessie, Rachel's grandma, Alexis, Ada, two new kids named Naomi and Natalie, Ramen, Shira (I had to scold her for making a mess of the pencil crayons - she cried, but forgave me later), Esther, David, Evelyn, and Ashley there. Helped them with drawing, crackers, toys, watermelon, stickers, and more. Later, I said hi to Rachel and Jonathan.

Went downstairs, where Eric tapped me on the shoulder - I had to let out a scared noise when I saw that I was right next to Mr. Creep! I immediately hightailed it to the area below the stairs where I saw Ivan, Eric T., David Ho, and others. Luckily, I saw Harmony passing by - of course I got her to sign the cards too! Yes, I do realize they still have the engagement card! On the way home after I'd waved hi to Hien, Eric and I discussed his alternate plans / busing / census work / getting gas / "in person" / being friendly / time / Manny Malhotra / my sunglasses / PORTAL 2 / STARCRAFT / MORROWIND / ZELDA (the Windwaker?) / FINAL FANTASY / Friday / Missions panel not being "fish and chips." When I got home, I discovered that Teunis had indeed set up those wooden shelves as I'd requested - NICE! At least I don't have mice-eaten wood anymore! I also called Chinese Eric, but got his mom on the phone - he was sleeping because of the medicine. Also talked to her about his surgery last month, but that's fine - I wanted to know, after all.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home