Friday, February 11, 2011

Finally getting to rant again is a GOOD thing!

Eric picked me up at the absurdly early time of 5:15, and bugged me about "finally making an appearance"... how annoying! I used the drive over to rant about all manner of stuff (Randal's email / Dylan sending me stuff about CURLING and other things I'm not interested in), which I have actually missed! He wondered whether I found Martin and Gloria objectionable, why I had beefs with Vivian and Christon (HE KNOWS WHY NOW!), and listened to me rant while we watched stupid jabronies cause traffic accidents by walking in the middle of the road in the extreme rain / park awkwardly on a corner. By the time Dylan called Eric to remind him about the food, WE HAD ALREADY PICKED IT UP TWO BLOCKS FROM MY PLACE! Of course, Eric bugged me about being drunk already... *rolleyes*

When we got to church, I helped Eric with his knapsack while he got the guitar and food. I was concerned that people might just take the box of food from the kitchen, so Eric just put it by me on the stage so I could watch it... good man! Quan and Joyce said the sushi from Sushiholic was normal, which is good to hear. Vania offered us some Smartfood (white cheddar popcorn), which I hadn't had in quite a while for some reason! Said hi to Christon and Dylan as well - later, Eric termed this "awkward," but I didn't think so. Deb and Jen came in later to help with the food, so I went upstairs a bit afterwards when I was tired of listening to worship practice. On my way to the room, I said hi to Eric T. and Victor - always good seeing them! Talked to Alan, Tracy, Connie, Kevin (who thought he hadn't seen me in a while) Harmony (who gave me all the greeting cards - I'll get Daniel or someone to write "Happy Birthday" in Chinese on Grandma's), Jose, Wesley (I gave him the McDonalds coupons - he'd wondered what happened to me on Sunday), and Vivian about (not) waiting for people when you made the effort to be on time, Chinese New Year cards (Tracy said the rabbit one was cute), shopping at Superstore / Wal-Mart (especially on the weekends), drinks, whether the homemade spaghetti from Deb's sister-in-law was done yet, and various other subjects. (Raymond was there, but of course I didn't talk to him - I just concentrated my energy on the food and saving a seat for Eric!)

The meeting itself was all right - we spent some time making fun of Jose (in love!) because he wanted to spend THREE WEEKS A MONTH on Bible Study (when it turns out the trimmed-down budget only allows for one set of materials), and have joint worship with the Daniel Fellowship. Dylan finally had to ask the group to stop being so sarcastic (but it was GOOD humor!), and I note Eric included a "if people were hurt tonight" comment in his closing prayer - which, as always, included "Lord God" every five to ten words. A bit of overkill, personally, but whatever...

Eric enabled my "let's get out of here NOW!" mentality by asking if I wanted the leftover spaghetti / sweet and sour ribs - sure! We could have taken the elevator to the parkade, but we walked downstairs to the first floor - not too much of a problem, heh. On the way home, I was way less ranty than I'd been on the way over, and we just talked about whether Teunis would eat the spaghetti (I thought so) and Mr. Creep being my "friend" - NO!!!!!!!! At home, I put the stuff in the fridge and then talked to Teunis about gaming / the spaghetti (which he DID eat) / computer issues.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home