Tuesday, February 15, 2011

FACEBOOK STATUS HIJACK! / Cheap Candy Eve

Jon and Harmony picked me up at 6:30 PM, at which time Teunis was still sleeping. I didn't want to wake him up since I wasn't sure what time he'd gone to bed... this proved to be a wise decision, actually. Harmony asked whether Teunis was still here - thank goodness he IS! When we got to the townhouse, I told Grandma that I had something for her - she seemed to like the rabbit on the Chinese New Year card! She knew it was a card, but I opened the envelope and card to show her the Chinese translation and that we'd signed it - she said "thank you" in English, heh. When Steph got there, she showed us The Onion's "Annual Stoning of Happy Couple Held" - I can believe that some people thought this was actually REAL!

The actual dinner (food) was good - crab, lobster, duck, fish, okra, mashed potatoes, salad, Jon's winter ale / crème brulée stout, and more! Talked about gold rings and statues, Sean, Adela, Uncle Eric, Auntie Anna being negative, Uncle Eugene being fifteen years older than his wife, Gabriel, nosy Auntie Susan, Karen Grace, Vernon and Sarah, Margaret, Teunis being good for me since he's more positive than me, Teunis not being a Christian (I didn't bother explaining about his ancient Norse religion), Jon's changing personality in Gr. 11, and his friends Mike England / Sean Gosse / Rob Fillo / Scott McIntyre. We also discussed Alan and Polly coming to Grandma's birthday dinner on Feb. 27 at 5:30, frying things in duck fat, Lent / vegan stuff, sesame puffed rice desserts, homemade chocolates, Mr. Creep being a good person / not feeling WELCOME anymore (so THAT'S why he hasn't been coming - YAY!), Mr. Creep being good for me (NO! A THOUSAND TIMES NO!), Steph getting her phone to read her email notifications to her (good for driving!), people driving illegally, Raymond / Randal being good for me (NO!), Harmony's Chinese name, iPads / iPhones, Amanda following Joey around, my needing to do dishes (NOT ABOUT THAT!), cheap candy tomorrow (I reminded Harmony about that - she plans to get some), potatoes / apples / oranges, and more. The Canucks also lost 3-2 to the Blues, and then we play Minnesota tomorrow - THIS IS BAD! (but Calgary beat Colorado 9-1; it was 5-0 in the first!)

Since I accidentally left my FB logged in on Mom's computer, Steph decided to hijack my status a few times - I knew there was SOMETHING going on when I heard manic laughter when I was in the bathroom! She tried shooing me away when I came out, but I saw the screenshot she pasted into her Gmail draft to send people! Then she asked me how to tag people - I KNOW YOUR GAME, FOOL! Of course, I deleted all the statuses once I got to the computer - Jon tried checking the status when he checked his email, but it was too late by then! After a while, we finally got going - on the way home, we discussed encouraging / thanking white Eric - I'm not THAT good with cards, man! I just give 'em out, haha. (which reminds me - I can buy 15 Easter cards to use up Julie's stickers!)

When I got home, I noted the apartment was still shrouded in darkness - I decided to put things away quietly, but that still woke Teunis up! We watched "rock comedy" silly videos, and talked about Aqua: Alanis Morissette's spoof of MY HUMPS by the Black Eyed Peas, Arrogant Worms (CARROT JUICE IS MURDER - their only official music video / ME LIKE HOCKEY), Weird Al (UHF / MONEY FOR NOTHING spoof / WHITE & NERDY), Pop Will Eat Itself, READ A BOOK, Blur's PARK LIFE, and more. Discussed replenishing supplies tomorrow (he doesn't mind if I go with him), the stuff from Mom (he promptly made a grilled cheese sandwich with a jalapeno cheese slice), the dinner, spare monitors, laptop stuff, and more. Good thing I could decompress with those videos, man!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home