Saturday, February 12, 2011

Rodney's Oyster House and Carver's Steakhouse sound good... / No Shipwreck!

Henry picked me up at the usual time, and we talked about our plans for the week / Valentine's Day / his birthday. Carmen's apparently a meat-and-potatoes girl, which is good if he plans to cook that sort of stuff for dinner at his house come Monday night! He likes steak and ribs... really, all sorts of food! When he asked about my food preferences, I wasn't very helpful in answering that I liked a lot of food too. He thought maybe a restaurant would be easier for his birthday, like all-you-can-eat sushi / C Restaurant / Earl's / Rodney's Oyster House / Carver's Steakhouse. I reminded him (by way of the Sean C. experience at Romano's Macaroni Grill - $40 a person?!) to keep in mind the prices for various things.

When we got to church, I said hi to Chrystal / Golden / Mike / Grace / Alan / Sabrina while we made sure the kids signed in. I got Daniel to help me write "Happy Birthday, Grandma" on Grandma's birthday card - he actually had to do it twice since he put it in the wrong place the first time! Stanley asked me and Chrystal about coloring sheets for a picky Aaron, Daniel held up a Scrunchie from the Awana store and asked what it was called, Chrystal said that having my friend stay was good as far as cooking (pancakes) and computer help went (especially after last night), Jordan got his fingers injured because a skateboard ran over them, and Golden wondered about the rocks glued to green construction paper! (turned out to be Thomas' paper - Mike got all geeky about the types of rock, until he figured he'd need a book for it) I offered Chrystal a chocolate heart, and she said she always misses the post-holiday sales because the good stuff is all gone within a day or so! We saw a box of Kirkland cookies on the table, so I thought it was for later - I managed to take one before Auntie Vivian said it was actually for something else, and it was her fault for leaving it out. Joshua asked me where I got my cookie, haha. I saw Hannah and Michelle Lee hiding under one of the tables because they didn't want to play Shipwreck, heh.

After I told Sean L. - with new glasses - that we were going home (he doesn't care if I called him "honey"), he made a beeline for the door, so his dad had to remind him about his handbook and jacket! He was asking me interesting questions on the way home: "What's the smallest thing you ever saw? What's the first car you ever saw? Would you rather die in the bathtub or in bed? Do you like onions? Why does your brother like really smelly stuff? [this after I told him that durian was the worst thing I've tasted, and that my brother liked it] Can you eat gasoline? Did you know about the biggest well? Are the Guinness and Ripley's books good?" (I should let him borrow my old ones, hahaha!) Ian merely wanted to know about the ages of the family cars, which I guess is fair enough! Sean also told me to go to Magic Treehouse if I wanted to know who died on May 2 in the sixteenth century sometime - apparently, this guy had a really long last name which is impossible to pronounce! At home, Teunis and I discussed MalwareBytes / critical updates / laptop bags / being more mobile on Tuesday / fried oyster mushrooms / pagan music. Discovered that I can't have Gmail Notifier on this computer since it was only for Windows XP and such... *sigh*

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home