Sunday, February 13, 2011

De Dutch Pannekoek House!

Teunis and I discussed the bread in the freezer, grilled cheese sandwiches, pagan music, Alan Moore (some guy who looks like he's out of HARRY POTTER) / V FOR VENDETTA / THE WATCHMEN, the laptop and minor service involving the fan and power jack, noises, and more prior to my going to bed and trying to sleep last night. Eric picked me up as early as he predicted on Friday, so I spent the ride to church being a light ranter - he spent last night at his grandma's 90th birthday party, which sounds great! I did say that I found nobody objectionable in our current BS group, which is something to object to - no rant therapy for me! That's good for Eric, but not for me! Got to church and sat in my usual spot, wondering if Steph would show up - I said hi to Cindy (who wanted me to wish Steph a happy birthday - she's been emailing and texting her!), Quan (giving out BOXED-IN CREATIONS truffles), Deb (I gave her Dylan's birthday card), Jeremy (poor guy had a cold, as did Vania), and Nathan in the meantime. When she did show up, I deposited the bag with the stickers from sherbetsaucers and Manchester United hat near her. She thanked me later - Jeremy and I laughed at some point in Pastor Tom's sermon, haha.

After service, I asked Jon and Harmony where dinner would be tomorrow - OF COURSE it has to be at the LARDS' place! According to Steph, we're having duck - and I won't have to do the dishes, although Harmony put in that I was "very good" last week. IT'S NOT ABOUT THAT! UGH! Oh well... hopefully, I'll survive! At least this year, I have something good to come home to, hahaha. (he'd better not take this the wrong way!) Steph was impressed by Daniel's Chinese writing on Grandma's birthday card, haha - good thing we go to a Chinese church! Eric warned me not to go right away since the family might have brunch because Kieran was in town. He and I spent some time talking to Cindy about her crazy week with the students - punching others in the nose and such?! Well, you gotta learn to deal with it since you're a teacher!

I went into the fellowship hall briefly since I saw Darren C. - we hugged each other, and he said he's working at the hospital while he's back from Ireland for two months. He doesn't quite know what he's doing yet, but I'm sure that'll come in time. After that, I said hi to Grace and baby Micah before going out to interact with little Mattias, who was eating an orange and looking for the pits which he dropped on the ground. I noticed that his baby brother Marcus was awake, so let him hold onto my finger while I observed in English that he was chilling! When I played with his baby toy, I think I got a smile! Their mom Karen was pretty tired, which is understandable!

Noticed Eric standing behind me, so I asked what the verdict was; he said they WERE having lunch, and wondered if I needed to tell anybody. After telling him to watch my stuff, I went upstairs with a bunch of chocolate hearts for the kids - gave them to Ada, Ashley, Abigail (who was crying), Margaret J., and Auntie Ying for the rest of the kids. Harrison was playing with Nathaniel, and he called me UGLY - good thing I don't have to teach HIM anymore! Auntie Ying invited me to some dinner on Friday evening with a bunch of "young people" - I don't get along with overly Christian people sometimes, so took the easy excuse of Fellowship since I was in a hurry to leave anyway! When I went downstairs, baby Marcus was crying, so Karen told me that he was tired. Eric noticed my leaving the baby alone, and asked what I'd done to make the baby cry! We said bye to Jeremy on our way out since he was also leaving - the rain started, too! As Eric and I were walking across the street, he invited me to brunch - it seems his mom asked where I was the last time they all went to O'Hara's pub! We talked about the Newcomer's Lunch, the AGM, plans, WORLD OF WARCRAFT references, football from American radio stations on the Team 1040 (he says they treat football like we treat hockey), and what Alberta politics was doing on a BC radio talk show on the way to his house.

While there, we watched some TV while saying hi to Veronica, Ron, and Kieran - I decided to watch the CTV Olympics anniversary show tonight (gold medals! double Brian Williams! Georgian Nodar Kumaritashvili! Joannie Rochette!), and Eric said that they didn't have any champagne for my orange juice from the kitchen... AIYOH! After some time, we went to De Dutch Pannekoek House in Kieran's new car - we had to wait for quite a while! Finally, we were able to get two tables pushed together to make a table for five - we discussed whether we REALLY needed the big table, booths, cars, Kieran's seatbelts in the car, motorcycles, Shrove Tuesday / Mardi Gras, Easter being late this year, my family, taking / deleting pictures with Ron's new phone ("you have to SHOW her what to do with the buttons - you can't just TELL her!"), and more. I didn't mind going to Richmond Centre with them later on, since Kieran had a Roots gift certificate to Roots, Veronica had to go to Lenscrafters, and Eric had a Richmond Centre gift card to use at EB Games. (DONKEY KONGA COUNTRY RETURNS for the Wii, which he joked would "drive Mom nuts")

At home, I noted that Teunis was still sleeping - I decided to take a bit of a nap myself. When I got up an hour later, his alarm was STILL going on, but he got up a bit later. We talked about surreal dreams ("is real life - like opening doors and the alarm music - part of this?"), gaming, personal life crossing into gaming, the Western pronounciation of words like "Gouda" (more like "chowda") and "yogurt" (I know I always have to be like "what?!" when he says "yogHurt") hurting his ears, my rarely turning on the TV, shin splints, hurt, the heavy toolbox, allergies, his mom, lactose intolerance, learning laptop things myself (which makes sense), plugs, metal, the Olympics, and more. He says he HAS been making Dutch pancakes like De Dutch Pannekoek House does - nice, nice! I've never ordered them from there just because the price points seem a bit expensive, and I have too much childhood Asian conditioning yet when others treat me for lunch! (which reminds me, I should email Karen Choo one of these days...) Later, I found a Gmail Notifier for Windows 7, which is good!




You Are Warmhearted



You are a truly kind and loving person. You care for others deeply, and it's not an act.

You are one tough cookie, even though it isn't always apparent from the outside.



You have a lot of inner strength, and you can dig deep when you need to.

You are both patient and persistent. You are willing to wait for someone to come around.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home