Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Why would you take out an ASTRONOMICAL amount of cash?! / Lou Gehrig

High-scoring word of the night:

PORTENDS (110 points) - against Karen L. [5W]


Well, Teunis officially left for Robin's at about 9:30... they'll have to rearrange furniture in the living room, but that shouldn't be too much of a problem! During the course of his packing the final bits, I was trying to see if my mom's line was NOT busy. Finally after about four tries, I finally had a ringing phone on the other end. Mom told me that Dad had taken off the top lock this morning - no WONDER Jon was able to get in earlier!

She also said that Grandma had gone to her safety deposit box to take out an astronomical amount of money in CASH to keep in her room! Apparently, Big G thinks this is okay because the thieves in the break-in a few weeks ago only targeted my parents' room. Uh yeah, that's called the TIME CRUNCH FACTOR and not anything else! I can definitely go over on Friday before "going to Fellowship," and get time with Grandma / $25 / a Dairy Queen lunch / an $800 (HK) watch for my trouble. I guess this means that I really DO have to see her - I'll just get out of there really fast! She offered for me to have dinner there, but IT'S TOO EARLY!

When I finally got off the phone, Teunis and I discussed his not being good with words (but he had to sign my low-tech blue guestbook anyway) / routers / a little power bar / bleach / Safari being slow because of multiple tabs (I'm used to it...) / his wok. Also talked about the weird parking situation at Robin's (his mom's going to New York for work!) / tubs vs. cubes of butter / his wanting to go during the day when people would be at work, but Kaili's emergency trumped that desire.

Conversed about prepping a snack for Robin's, consisting of peanut butter in pita bread (he can't have that when his own mother's around since she's deadly allergic to peanuts - NOW I REMEMBER!), complicated stuff / his poor packing job in the car since it's not like he has that much MORE stuff than when he first came here / good days for cleaning (today or tomorrow both work) / taking care / thanking me. I joked that a couple of hours from when he left, he'd be on MSN: "Hey, where are my clothes?" "Right next to me on the couch!" "What?!!!" Hahaha. It was definitely a good month!


Trivia fact for Tuesday, Aug. 10: What baseball legend was the first player in the 20th century to his four home runs in a single game? New York Yankees first baseman Lou Gehrig, in 1932.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home