Monday, August 09, 2010

Rosemary-grilled chicken, Jandek, Cuba, BAD EMERGENCIES, and the Simpsons

Eric picked us up fairly shortly after I'd edited the last post, and I had to run back in since I'd forgotten Nathan's birthday card. By the time I got to the car, Eric and Teunis were discussing geeky things like his graphics card / eight gigabytes on his system / RAM / STARCRAFT. After we went to the bank (Eric and I discussed coffee / the liver / naps), the conversation continued in that vein: WORLD OF WARCRAFT, EVE ONLINE, orcs saying interesting things, silly voices, and more. I contributed little except to say I'd TOLD Eric so about Teunis' system, haha. When we got to Jeremy's, Christon / Jeremy / Nate were inside doing cooking and research editing. Random conversations about life coaches can be good, but not really what you might want for a research paper! Randal, Jen, Vivian, Cindy, and Wesley came later... with Isabel coming REALLY late afterwards from work. When Cindy's group wanted to be buzzed in, I answered the apartment phone - someone said "Guess who?" before I let them in. Eric was bugging me about my letting potential terrorists inside! When he told them about this, Randal asked whether I'd figured out who it was - nope! (only civil conversation...) Cindy said that Dianne would love the Hindi music that Nathan put on since it reminded him of the Persian-East Indian wedding he'd recently attended. (I saw that status!)

Vivian and Jen exchanged Cuba trip pictures (Eric forgot his camera, so couldn't exchange Portland trip pictures with Christon and Jeremy), and someone made a comment about how three people were on their laptops. The rosemary-grilled chicken was better than the chicken at the grad banquet on Friday, and the salads were pretty good! Yes, there was plenty of rice with mushroom sauce to go with it! Discussed anime, weird music, math-related music, soundtracks, sugar, Eric possibly being able to have a Sunday BBQ at his place (he'd better not open it up to the WRONG people!), doing crazy voices, and Isabel's weird dream involving Nathan making a Miley Cyrus-inspired art video near the seawall while everyone watched. Also talked about double pale ale, egg liqueur, mead, homebrew, Rhiannon, Robin, legal stuff, teaching, the trip photos from Montreal / Quebec / Cuba, allergies, Fort St. John, Dave and Tiffany's wedding pictures, Andrea / Chuck, Belinda's baby, the Daniel-David BBQ getting shot down, Russia / Siberia, names, and other things. The evening got really surreal when Nathan put on some Jandek - I'd heard a very little bit of his stuff before on a 2003-ish Alan Cross radio show. Just about everything sounds the same from this Houston eccentric! (discussed drugs, non-medicinal "trips," medicinal pot, and more while laughing and "enjoying" the music... HAHAHA!)

Cindy's group started the exodus out the door. Jeremy doesn't have to work tomorrow, which is good. It was mostly a quiet drive home, with Eric trying to bug me by singing something under his breath (my death threats, DITTO) and trying to say that I was drunk. Nope! When he dropped us off, I told him that I'd see him next Sunday: I am determined to see this non-Bible Study thing THROUGH! At home, Teunis was PLANNING to take it easy... but an emergency happened at the WORST POSSIBLE TIME! Discussed breakfast, the laundry NOT drying properly, setting his alarm for 6 AM, fighting, phone calls, Kaili's rescue wishes / not taking things very well OR listening, his being tired / very stressed, video games, his being back here in a couple days to help me clean up (I understand - he can't be like "This is happening at a very bad time for me!"), having to deal with stuff, sausage, blowing things up as a hopeful release from frustration, coolers and putting things in the trunk, and more. Heh, Ray's sent me an FB invite for a get-together happening two days after my birthday - apparently, he'll be back in town briefly. NICE! I'll see what Jon has to say about it later? But he might just be getting back from Italy, too... oh well. Oh, and I actually DID finish tagging the last few entries!


Trivia fact for Monday, Aug. 9: On TV's popular animated sitcom The Simpsons, what is the name of Bart's elementary school teacher? Edna Krabappel.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home