Sunday, August 08, 2010

INCEPTION / Gold Salts

I made Henry wait for me while I changed from shorts into pants, plus got some stuff ready. When I apologized, he said it was okay since it was a sudden change of plans - that works! Teresa said she'd meet us there, and Henry wondered if I was the sort of person who asked questions all through a movie... not generally, no. "Then YOU can sit beside her, and bear the full brunt of all her questions!" We discussed VBS: Martin might be doing the second week only, as well. I guess I'll see what happens! Then I wondered who was watching the girls if Teresa and Henry were both out - a friend, which is good.

When we got to Silvercity, the parking lot was pretty packed, and there was this insane-looking lineup! We found Teresa about ten people ahead of us in the rain, and promptly joined her. "All these people CAN'T be here to see Inception... right? Hey, what are you here to see?" "THE OTHER GUYS with Will Ferrell..." "I TOLD YOU!" Discussed SCENE cards, popcorn, the rainy outdoor field earlier at Rock The River, sneaking food in, movies, and more prior to seeing the actual movie. Since I'd been pre-warned by Corey to expect confusion (and that it took place simultaneously in a bunch of different time periods / changed the rules), I thought I had a good handle on the film. It WAS confusing at first, but then I got used to the idea of a bunch of different realities taking place at the same time. At the end, we wondered whether the guy seeing certain people again was yet another dream (deliberately ambiguous ending?) - now Corey tells me that at the end of the credits, you can hear something germane to the plot! HA!

Asked Teresa to help me down the stairs, then got them to wait while I went to the washroom. She said I didn't have to pay her back for the cheap tickets, which was nice! Henry drove me home, and thanked me for coming out - not a problem! Actually, this time works better than trying to fit it in after church and before Sunday Dinner at Jeremy's! Got home, showered, did some of the usual stuff, and am now thinking of going to bed since I need to be up at 8. I can always tag the chat entries later... and Teunis just got home. Discussed dice, RPG, INCEPTION, paying attention to shows, his hosed graphics card which might cost $200 to replace, and more.


Trivia fact for Sunday, Aug. 8: For what ailment have regular injections of gold salts long been a standard treatment? Rheumatoid arthritis. The gold salts, injected in a liquid suspension, help reduce the inflammation and slow the progress of the disease. However, it often takes three to six months to be effective, and can cause numerous side effects. The salts can also be taken orally.

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home