Friday, June 04, 2010

I was saving words at Boston Pizza, man...

High-scoring word of the afternoon:

VIBE (135 points) - against Marina T. [5W, 5L on B]


I'd have been on time to meet Auntie Ying had I not forgotten my bus pass - luckily, I realized this before I got to the bus stop! Thank goodness the next bus was only a few minutes later, and it only took five minutes to get to Brighouse Station in any event. When I got there, Auntie Ying said that I'd be proud of her since she cleaned up ALL the toys in the toddler room in the morning, and even sorted them into boxes. Hey, that's what she said she was going to do, so I don't know whether PRIDE factors into my feelings at all! I decided to go to Boston Pizza for lunch again, since it was pretty close to the bus stop where I'd have to take the bus afterwards.

She tried to draw me into conversation about Jon, Harmony, Eric, Steph, Eunice, Eddie, fish, Auntie Ruth, Auntie Teresa (ANNOYING!), her small group, not having to work with her annoying co-worker anymore, her mother and preparing her own heart, drawing people into conversation about the gospel (which they "enjoy") at the bus stops (YOU CAN'T JUST DO THAT, EVEN IF IT IS A FREE COUNTRY!), Auntie Gloria, and Wesley... however, I wasn't really having any of it. At least she gave me the Sunday School material - not that I'll have time to prep, but it's all about the control, haha. I told her that I'd get Auntie Jane or someone to Xerox seven extra copies every week, or just tell Rich to order seven extra books! When she noticed me smiling (because I was thinking of certain things), she wondered what was so funny... she also wondered what I'd forgotten at home to make me late. NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS! Of course, I didn't say that since I do want to be polite... so I just didn't specify. I left after a few minutes of idle talk after she finished her chicken pecan salad (I'd finished my chicken linguini way before then), affecting great impatience. She thought it was because my bus transfer was due to expire, so I'll just let her think that.

I went to London Drugs to use their ATM... if this Dave hangout had happened next week, I'd be in a bit better position cash-wise, but I do like to be prepared! Got home before 2:20, and noticed that Dave had called me. When I called him, he asked where I was - I said I was at home now, so he wondered whether I'd like him to swing by and pick me up. That sounds fine to me, so of course I gave him my address. I don't want him to leave NOW if he has things he's gotta do, since I know I'm currently in that headspace myself! As long as he calls when he gets here (or "downstairs" as he said - just like Henry, haha), it should be okay! Oh, and now Opera works faster than Safari - go figure!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home