Saturday, May 22, 2010

Returning the temptation, humor books, tin, and lacking!

High-scoring words of the afternoon:

TINNILY (249 points) - against Pasha K. [two 4W - one used twice, hook off COOK to make COOKIE]
MARRIED (176 points) - against Kelly W. [two 5W, hook on ALOUD to make MU]


Went out to Save-On Foods to get my points on yesterday's purchases and return the Teddy Grahams / Aero Bubbles / Arrowroot animal crackers. While it could be argued that I could save them for a time when our Bible Study group is on the hook for snacks, I don't want the headache of keeping the receipt for that long... and I don't need the temptation! Got the money back on my debit card, which was fine with me. Then I went to Chapters in the next plaza to see if I could find a good anniversary gift for Jon and Harmony. Couldn't find anything that suited my purposes in the bargain section, so finally picked out The Good Husband Guide: 19 Rules for Keeping Your Wife Satisfied (Ladies' Homemaker Monthly) and The Good Wife Guide: 19 Rules for Keeping a Happy Husband (Ladies' Homemaker Monthly) [companion retro advice volumes in board book form!] from the humor section. I know they're trying to downsize, but typing out all the rules (as I will later for two other posts) and sending them in an email for their anniversary somehow seems a bit lacking! Also got a wedding card for some reason... turns out it was a good thing, because I put the wrong month on Andrea and Chuck's card! (July instead of June)

When I got home, I emailed Steph to request that she pay me $13.50 for her half of the anniversary gifts. Now that it's raining, perhaps a certain person will make it to church tomorrow! One can only hope, haha.... and it's seemingly cleared up just fifteen minutes later! Ugh!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home