Saturday, May 22, 2010

His bike is NOT distinctive! / "Why is your name Eric?" HAHAHAHAHA!

I got to the usual meeting place early, so thought I'd just continue my reading. Apparently, I was so into the murder story that I missed Eric driving right past me into the school parking lot! I only noticed when I heard someone who sounded like Eric call my name - boy, I was surprised to see his car! When I got into the car, I called him insane - one week, he parks where I'd have to go through the grass to get to the car, and then he stops in the parking lot the next time! He reminded me that Christon's group had bought snacks for tonight (so I'll return some of mine tomorrow), to which I said "OH CRAP!" I had sent Christon an email about it, but had interpreted "next Friday" in my head as the 28th and not today. We talked about his knowing whom I was enamored with, mock hate, whether DARKWING or Mr. Creep would be there tonight, French, Spanish, Alistair, Subway, and more on the way to church. At Subway, we discovered that they were out of the new Orchard Chicken Salad Sandwich... when I got the Veggie Delight instead, Eric thought I was saving up for a special evening. NO! Then Eric tried getting me to admit that I noticed the color of Dave Wong's bike... um, his tiger shirt is more distinctive than THAT! (and so is Christon's blue car!)

When we got to church, our usual room was locked, so we ate dinner in the lounge instead. He was facilitating Bible Study tonight, so I figured he'd wanted the extra time to go over the questions - no problem, since I could always read more about murder during that review period! Of course, he bugged me about it as per the usual! When we met up with everyone else in our usual room after a bathroom break (saying hi to Mike K. on the way), I noticed that Mr. Creep was helping to arrange the chairs. I stayed near the back of the room, and selected the chair that he'd seemed to have the least contact with. I know... I'm paranoid, but I also ignored his greeting to me and Eric save for muttering "go away" under my breath! I talked to Grace, Shally, Kevin, Vicky, Cindy, Dylan, Vania, and others about my week and being tired.

It turned out that Christon's group had the correct interpretation of "next Friday" since they all had snacks - PHEW! Eric mentioned something of the sort to me, so I explained. Turns out that next Friday is a "free" program, but we can listen to Elaine talk about her and Matt's tent-making mission in China. (I didn't know that she was doing this till the last Committee Meeting, and Jon had had NO idea till then!) During the announcements, Jon and I had a muted conversation about Eunice cutting his hair for him (before Edwin's wedding on Sunday at 5:30) / the lards presumably being back today / his mail and whether he'd be there on Sunday to receive it / Harmony being at a magazine launch / who else would be involved in various service projects. Kevin had a budget presentation with a HOLY BRIGHT PINK BACKGROUND! Shally had funny questions, haha.

We split into our usual groups, and I had to raise a fist at Calla since she "stole" our usual room (the lounge) once I had eye contact with her! (I explained this to her later, and she said that THEIR usual room had been locked!) Our group had the next room over, though. Talked to Dylan, Eric, Vicky, Albert, Cindy, Kevin, and Johnny about the Bible Study materials / gardens / struggles / more. For a morbid person like me, I had the perfect verses to read: "Therefore the grave enlarges its appetite and opens its mouth without limit; into it will descend their nobles and masses with all their brawlers and revelers. So man will be brought low and mankind humbled, the eyes of the arrogant humbled." (Isaiah 5:14-15) Eric noticed that I'd read those verses with extra zeal, and commented on it in the car on the way home. There were also a couple of references to wine and drinking which Jeremy would have liked! I didn't really talk to the new people in the group, as per my own protocol... and didn't give them too much information!

When we had snacktime later, Mr. Creep passed way too close to me for comfort a couple of times. STOP GETTING IN MY WAY! I wanted Eric to LEAVE right then, but of course he had to talk to Pastor John about UGM on Sunday evening. (good thing it's not right after church - I still get a ride home!) Vania introduced me to a couple MORE new people, but I was friendly enough to these newcomers. Had a cherry vanilla ice cream cone and a chocolate roll which Eric gave me. The "different woman" Teresa talked to me about how some people didn't believe in Jesus and told her that everyone's different, and how she'd gone to a Christian school. Since I'd heard it before and wasn't particularly interested, I was relieved when she switched topics to going for a few different worship services. She asked Eric a few questions, and I couldn't help but openly laugh when she asked him "Why is your name Eric?" He was better at keeping a straight face, and said that his parents had chosen the name from CHARIOTS OF FIRE - Eric Liddell, all right.

I chatted to Andrea, Chuck, Martin, Vicky, Albert, Kevin, Christon, Vivian, and others about the annoyances of still living at home (as Vicky does - phone calls from moms can be frustrating!) / accidentally going over medians in the road and subsequently worrying about your car / personal trainers and the cost / my week / self-control when it comes to snacks / "giving it the old college try" when my brother had signed me up for things without my knowledge (not an email) / losing it. Talked to Eric T. about his summer job in Ottawa - should be nice! After Wesley got a phone call, he invited me to Dragon Ball with my "lovely brother," but I had to decline on grounds that Eric was in a meeting. It DID look suspicious over there near the elevator, haha. He asked Randal to guess how much he'd gotten his jacket and shirt for - the jacket was $7 at Value Village, and the hockey shirt was $1 at BC Place since they'd had a massive sale of their inventory!

When Eric and I *finally* left, we discussed Jen / Randal / Dave / Mattias / Christon. Since Eric says he's planning to go to Steph's on Monday night for the JACK BAUER finale, I said we'd plan when to meet on Sunday... and speaking of Sunday, he shouldn't be doing sound since he already did it twice this month. We also found the Teemway BBQ Meat / Fish place and the Fresh Fruit and Vegetables place on Victoria where we'd gone on Sunday at Grandma's whim. Discussed our noticing different things and applying different levels of importance to them, as well... our brains seem to be on totally different wavelengths! I also had a very random cackle fit at #4 / Alderbridge, hahaha!

Labels: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home